New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me about 4 and a half hours to do it, but its done! With an ATX, with the fusebox, and behold, the battery!

Mike

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
aweszome! how's it feel?

Did you leave the battery tray in and just drilled through it when you drilled the hole?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. The wire loom is from PepBoys & the silicone hosing is hoseTechniques. I took it out last night for a spin, the the temp. was already like, 10 degrees. It felt like it had more kick when I accelerated, especially once my secondaries opened. I'll tell you what tho, I can actually hear it a little over my exhaust. I can hear that hissing sound that you hear with a stock exhaust. Sounds sweet!

Neil: Yea I Just drilled right through the battery tray. About 2 minutes with a 3.5" hole saw and a long enough drill bit to keep it in place. Just make the hole as close to the end of the tray as possible and it will fit no problems.

Mike

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Damn what happened to you UIM?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha nothin' I painted it black last year and I've taken it off so many times, I neglected it on the driveway and garage floor so the paint is just chipping off...don't worry, I have an SVT one on the way :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
wow, i wish i could say that i got mine done. i couldnt fit mine worth ****, but i have a stock battery so that mayb y. my setup would be the same thing besides battery, i just couldnt get it 2 fit. ill be gettin a batcap soon so that should help. also. do u have any pix of where u drilled your hole, mayb we drilled mine 2 far forwards? i was also using the extension with weapon r shortram, wat kind is urs?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kooter: I posted in the Problems section during the install and ZEXCougar posted some nice pictures of where to drill the hole. I think the topic is 'installing cold air intake' or something like that. I'm using the AEM shortram.

Mike

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Hey that install looks great! I am glad your enjoying your CAI! Gotta love that sound too!

Paint your GMK peice to math your AEM! That would be nice!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i would love th ehelp zex, but i dont feel lke drivin that far again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.