New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, i just figured i would finally take some time and post some pics and info bout my cougar.

just so you all know, all those red wires aren't power. i just ran out of grey ground cable.

Some pics of the stereo. got a 10"dual 2ohm alpine type r a phoenix Gold Xenon 400.1 wired to put out 400w rms @4ohms.
Also there is currently a .5 farad monster cable capacitor, but this saturday im putting a 1 farad soundquest with volt readout.
I have a JVC dvd headunit with USB jack (no screen). Not pictured are the infinity reference 5X7's i just installed, plan to amplify after winter.

I intend to either carpet the current sub box or build and carpet a new one, havn't decided yet, but somethings gotta be done bout that ugly one, am also gonna secure it better probably this weekend, its just strapped in right now.

A couple pics of the exterior, all I've really done here is some minor scratch removal and a good wax. I also got some limo tint put on the back 3 windows.

I put a blacklight in the trunk and a coupe red led tubes under the drivers and passengers feet they have all kinds of settings but i tend to use them very rarely.

let my know what you think and give any suggestions, ive had the car for about 3 months now.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: pice of my coug, what do ya think/ any suggestions

sorry everyone the title is supposed to be PIC'S of coug, not pice

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
Re: pice of my coug, what do ya think/ any suggestions

nice start :)

You can edit the title.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
ya definitely a nice start.

your car looks alot like mine originally did, you have an extremely base loaded car. You may want to look into swapping your steering wheel with a leather wrapped one. Should be a nice cheap mod and does it make a world of difference.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya definitely a nice start.

your car looks alot like mine originally did, you have an extremely base loaded car. You may want to look into swapping your steering wheel with a leather wrapped one. Should be a nice cheap mod and does it make a world of difference.
thx, a leather wrapped wheel would be nice, mine is starting to show some wear anyway, I will keep a lookout for one that i can get for a decent price (I'm in Canada, and shipping gets expensive, I ended up spending about $80 shipping on my amplifier. maybe i'll get lucky and find something at a salvage yard
:rofl:

and I like that term, "extremely base loaded car"

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
and I like that term, "extremely base loaded car"
ya I got use to the term, whoh, I didnt even know you get the car that way.

[I noticed you dont have the rear wiper either, do you have keyless entry? looks like the spoiler was added]

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
love the laser red. good start on the system

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[I noticed you dont have the rear wiper either, do you have keyless entry? looks like the spoiler was added]
no i dont have keyless entry, prolly gonna have one installed with security in the next month or two, the spoiler was there when i got the car and the previous owner was a older real estate agent (not much into modding) so i think it came with the spoiler i think it was like a $200 or so add on.

You don't have painted rear drums, do you?
I painted the read drums myself. been over a month and a half and they are still holding up great, I don't like my rims tho the curvy look throws off the edgy styling of the car a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the Bigger 1 farad capacitor installed and cleaned up the wires a little today. Cap reads 14.3v with the stereo running:biggrin:

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
New rims might be a nice add on. Never was a fan of the 15 inch fanblades. They arent bad... they just arent that good, unless you deal with alot of snow and ice and possible curbs.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey is the box ported or sealed?
the box is ported, very nice sounding sub, picked up the sub and the box together for 90 bucks, I'm very happy how it sounds concidering its 1 sub

I totally agree about the fanblade rims, i feel that they dont match the look of the car. In the future I think some black 5 spoke's with a chrome ring would look really nice, in a 17" or 18" (not till after winter tho)

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Ya i believe alot of your country men (and women) keep thier 15s and 16s with winter tires on them and drive something nice only in the warmer months.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya i believe alot of your country men (and women) keep thier 15s and 16s with winter tires on them and drive something nice only in the warmer months.
Thats right, I got an 87 Ranger 4X4 for the winter months, coug. gets storage with the mustang.;)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
With you box built like that you might want to turn the port around and face the trunk of the car. It can really help out with SQ and even how loud it gets. My box is sealed and honestly the system hits pretty damn hard for such a small car. That is the beauty of our cars being a hatchback.....It does not take a whole lot to get a whole lot of sound.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With you box built like that you might want to turn the port around and face the trunk of the car. It can really help out with SQ and even how loud it gets. My box is sealed and honestly the system hits pretty damn hard for such a small car. That is the beauty of our cars being a hatchback.....It does not take a whole lot to get a whole lot of sound.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go with the port facing the back of the car, I currently have it facing up strapped to the back of the trunk area, it just closes without touching the sub i just had it that way for a day before i got a longer length of sub wire.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got a couple quick pics of the new cap with my phone (broke my camera) sorry bout the ****ty quality.

pic was taken when the car was turned off the voltage reads higher when its on:rofl:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts