New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Click here

Ok now click on the Milan Dragway link, I have a folder under there called purrrt and you'll find a few pictures (awaiting comments on the console now)... i did forget to take pics of under my hood but if you go through everything there you'll see some shots of it... also the picture of me staging next to a V8 mustang.... well I beat that mustang

oh yeah and my left headlamp is condensed bigtime so no need to comment on it.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Pierre....
Looks GODDAMN AWESOME... I love your lights and the foglights.... looks super super cool.... much better than the cat eye thingy that you had going on before... and those doors are awesome... thats my next project....

Console and dash is cool as hell too... but yeah, whats the story on the console looking like something ate thru it????????

Really looks awesome and I can't wait to see it in person at CF!

Crispy gives Puck Puck a thumbs up on his car.....

·
Registered
672 Posts
So what type of paint did you use for the doors and the dasy? I've been using High Temp paint with a clearcoat, but I'm REALLY afraid of chipping or scratches. Any suggestions? I did a test run on my vent rings, but I'm still a bit concerned. Any pointers on preperation, and coating?

G

·
THOSE PICS ARE AWESOME, LOVE THE DASH AND DOORS!! OH, AND I JUST THOUGHT THAT I WOULD POINT OUT THE WONDERFUL SHOT OF THE CUP SPILLER (can't help it, I'm obsessed!) AND THE BOTTLE OF POP (or do you say soda?) LAYING ON THE SEAT. NO, REALLY YOUR CAR LOOKS GREAT! SWEEEEEEEEEET

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
painting something IMO is:

70% prep
20% paint
10% person doing the paint

I sanded down the parts to remove as much texture as possible... was a little harder on the tan pieces though
Used plastic prep on all plastic parts
I used flex primer from SEM on all plastic parts...
I then used Acrylic Enamel body paint (Centari) for the red and basic Enamel for the black. Acrylic gives a higher gloss.
I wet sanded any problem areas with 400 grit before final color coat
For the clear coat i used this stuff called One Coat Clear coat and i put one normal coat then a quick second coat to ensure evenness (is that a word)....

I also forgot to take a pic of the headliner which i think is super cool... i find myself driving and just rubbing it cause it feels so dam cool

Now for the console.... first off notice how the cup spiller is all the way down and open
.... reason 1 to buy new console... also the console can move about 8" back and forth... now for the ummm... meleted spot... when i was installing everything in the car the trouble light was about 3' short on the extension... so we have this spolight on a 100' extension cord... i had that in the car and went to grab some tools in garage, when i got out of car i must of knocked it down, when i came back the **** was smoking

so again anyone have those part numbers for the new console

now for the fogs.... do note i ruined 2 fog lamps trying to figure out how to take them apart without breaking them.... my only hint is razor blades.... if you guys want this done, i'd be glad to take them apart for you at cougarfest for the low low price of a beer or two.... HOWEVER i dont' want to be held responsible... although i'm pretty good at it now

G

·
Puck,

I would love to get the fog light thing done, but get i be the first, b/c your salary is like a beer or two, i don't want to be #8 to get this done....

------------------------------------------------------------
actually, i don't know what the heck you were talking about,
but thought i interacted with this comment

------------------------------------------------------------

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well miez since you are coming to my house what i can do is get the paint ready and all that stuff and we can have your fogs done for Cougarfest.... essentially it takes me like 5-10 mins a fog to rip apart... we clean them (about 30 mins) paint and let dry for a couple of hours, put sealant back in and put together... i'm also going to look into dying the lens green or the bulb green .... gonna try both (have extra fogs now) and see which effect i like better

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks for the info. That should help me get up and going the way I want!

By the way, did you just tape off the black on your center console, or did you find some way to seperate the two? Same question for the vent controls...tape, or seperate?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sure it does.... it's called chritsmas.....

as for taping the parts off... i took the dash apart when you do that you just paint the whole piece.... i only taped the doors which might i add took like over 1 hour to do

G

·
Personally I hate the red/green christmas thing. blech.....I like white silver and gold for x-mas colors.

Yea, what did you ruN?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Well, the exterior treatment would be beggin for a ticket here in cleveland(no modded cars of any sort), but DAMN, nice interior. Don't wanna copy, besides, red might not work w/ spruce too well, but what color should I do my interior? Same as ext? Spruce green? probably not much of a chance finding that color. Anyways, the red int. rocks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.