New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
24,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEVER get revved on, so it's always cool when I do. I was going to work and stopped at a light next to a black GTI (pretty stock looking, 16-valve I4). I took off kinda quick (like I always do), and I guess that got the dude's interest.It was some older guy, about 50, with his twenty-somthing son in the passenger's seat. I saw him in my rearview cutting back and forth to keep up with me. At the next light, I was stuck behind a car or two, but he came up next to me in the other lane and lined up even with me, even though he had a whole ton of room to move up. I thought, jeez, I can't do anything now, I'm stuck behind this Chevy Astro or whatever. But a couple of miles down the road, traffic cleared out, and we caught a light side by side. I could hear him holding his rev's up, waiting to launch, so I figured I'd give him what he wanted.

He totally hole-shotted me off the line 'cuz I bogged like a mofo. But when those secondaries opened up, it was all over. I slammed into second as I blew by him, and sealed the deal with third. By that time I was nearing traffic, and had to slow down. The guy leaned out the window as they drove by and gave me a big ol' thumbs-up :thumbsup:, which was cool.

No big deal, but a rare occurrence for me. May have been a better race if I had been driving my Saturn...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Its always cool to get a thumbs up instead of the ricer fly by. Even if I am totaly ashamed that I lost a race I will still try to be a good sport and not be an a hole about losing. Nice job on the GTI BTW.

·
Administrator
15,472 Posts
Hey..nice job on the GTi...I've owned a few of the 16 valves...if they are tuned right, they can be peppy. The last one I owned was kind of a pile though....I passed a neon and promptly blew the motor....total smoke screen...haha...my cougar hasn't done that yet. Let's hope it doesn't!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts