New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i posted a thread on spinning rims in the wheels section and no one seems to like them but i want them on my cougar and i wanted to see if anyone could shop some ones on a dark shadow cougar to see if i like them or not? thanks

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
so its offical that spinning rims look like...well...sh*t.

B

·
0 Posts
lol

thats funny. I still think it'd be interesting to see a chromed out cougar with leopard skin interior and airbags. Like a sporty pimpwagon. Just not mine.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok you guys laugh all you want its cool ill show you all pictures when i get the rims i want thanks anyway :)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
i wouldn't show pictures... i think it's very obvious that 99.9% of us think those look ghetto, and that 0.01% that doesn't is you.

·
Registered
884 Posts
go buy the spinner hub caps, would save ya a lot of money!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
you can get spinning rims as small as 18's just have a hard time finding some in our bolt pattern.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Its not that they dont come in our size its that there isnt a wheel with enough of a lip to use them. They stick out past the wheel and look like garbage. Your getting bags.... Ya um hit the switch down and watch your fender well hit your fatty spinner then tell me how cool they are.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
When I get my rims, I want spinners too....BUT I haven't found any so far that I think would look decent on my car......

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
how do you plan on getting 20" rims under our wheelwells?
I have already proven than 20"s fit fine on the Cougar. New Toyo tires makes all the difference.

Btw, I have 20's w/ Spinners for next years show season. You'd be suprised how good it looks when done properly. I can tell you, spinners are the latest, and will be hitting the shows hard this year. Its amazing how everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but once you see it in person, or on a magazine cover, you'll be all over it...

E1

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Btw, I have 20's w/ Spinners for next years show season. You'd be suprised how good it looks when done properly. I can tell you, spinners are the latest, and will be hitting the shows hard this year. Its amazing how everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but once you see it in person, or on a magazine cover, you'll be all over it...
Your kidding right..... spinners are so last year. Once they make a hubcap that spins like they do now they are GHEY!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
My friend has a great idea for rims almost opposite of spinners and i think they would look much cooler. They could already make them for all we know but ive never seen/heard of them. He wants to call them Dead Spinz and the idea is a totally non moving center of rim. It can be done, we just cant really figure out how to get the rim to move with the center staying still. Something using magnets or bearings to some how keep the outer part moving but majoridy of the rim still staying still. I think this would look soooo sick! Imagine driving down the highway at like 80 and you look over and the guys wheels just appear motionless, it would almost look like you were just sliding across the ground. Or if your stopped at a light checking out some ones car and then as they start to go the rims just dont look like they are spinning.

So if they arent made and youd like to steal the idea feel free to, maybe if you get them produced i could get hooked up with a free set for the idea;)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I think someone had them at SEMA in Oct.
When I det over the dental work I had done I'll get back over to the shop and see if I can find the pics.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea eternalone i have new toyo proxy t1s with 18s now so ill definetly get toyos and for everyone one here just stop hatin like he said they look sick if you get the right ones....im not planning on putting crap on the car and if i cant find nice ones ill just go with some really nice 19s but oh well hate all you want just please try not to be too jealous :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts