New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never been to them but i have heard alot about them.

Where are they???(i mena do they meet in diffrent place or whats the deal)

How do you guys get to them park far away and walk or bus or just drive up to them??

Has anyone got introuble for watching??(whats the fines or what)

Later,
Steve

·
Registered
410 Posts
Infroreds guide to philly races
1. pull up at mcdonalds on deleware ave.
2. drive through and show off
3. drive through next parking lot
4. and show off
5. drive down streets
6. pull up next to modified vehicle at red
7. green=go
8. race untill you see a cop
9. go down to southwest philly
10. park up on haulsteen ave (make sure car facing exit of st)
11. walk towards center of st (start line)
12. watch races
13. smell burnt rubber
14. ahhhhh
15. someone will yell 5 0
16. run
17. get in car if not stolen(the chances are like a condom breaking) :)
18. drive away quickly using whip game and making sure you don't hit anybody
19. find another drag spot
20. from there make it home safely
sorry guys was bored.

·
Registered
549 Posts
hmmm my take on the races...they are alot of fun- you can get in some trouble for goin though- i mainly go- go to the mcdonalds, get kicked out, go to holstein and watch the races... they were pretty good this past sunday- ive been pulled over about 5 times down there- never driving myself though- it depends on the car that you are in, all the times the guys were driving like [censored]s on paddison and the cops will pull you over, they will sometimes take your plate and give you a ticket or a written warning, but only if you are being a jerk.. and also ive been goin alot to a parking lot off of 95 i think its exit 35 or something and some of my friends go there and take videos for mishcheif movies that they do- thats always fun bc the cops usually never come to that

but yeh paddison everyone races off of lights- then down at holstein its fun bc you can get out and watch them! lets get some more cougars down there... i always hang out with the imports that are too fast for me anyways- haha

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I love the races, ive been going for about 5 or 6 years now. Your best bet is Sunday nights, thats usually when the most people show up. There is basically a loop that you drive around over and over and eventually enough people just stop on a street and then theres races. You can get in trouble if your only watching. They have undercover cars that drive down some streets and just take plate numbers and then mail you a parking ticket, mine was $15 but ive heard of them being more. You can also get a spectator fine, along with everyone in your car if they do decide to pull you over. If you decide to race you can get more in fines then you can probably afford, more points then youd want and they can take your car depending what kind of mood they are in. Its a fun place to be and its exciting, especially when your new too it. But at the same time its dangerous. There are a lot of kids drinking down there, people drive like maniacs when the cops come, and there are a lot of inexperienced drivers in fast cars that dont know what they are doing. Just understand that its not a track, there is no supervision and anythinig can happen. And dont get your hopes up, some nights the cops could be totally on it and it will be boring, but other nights there could be hundreds of cars and races for hours.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so basicly my best bet is to drive my mom car down and just watch and stay back

like i mean when the cops come and i get my mom cars there not going to think i was racing racing so im cool right or what

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also i have have been hearing alot about them this weekend i know alot of people that went this weekend

·
Registered
410 Posts
see it's all good to take your moms car, but taking your own car, specially a nice one, you can feels everyones eyes on you when you drive by, it's cool, as joe said, thats why i like the races better than the track, UNSUPERVISED, UNCOORDINATED, NO PROTECTION, STRAIGHT GHETTO RACING. as soon as you enter the on deleware ave you can feel you adrenaline pick up. My favorite time is when the cars are lined up to race about a block long, than the cops come. you run like there's no tomorrow for your car while at the same time making sure no cops see you and dodging all the other racers trying to leave. i remember the first night i took my girlfriend down there as soon as she got out of the car a bike was dumped and slammed straight into a cavalier about 5 ft from her, i thought she would be scared and wanted to leave. after we found out everyone was ok, she was screaming about how cool that was lol,
maybe im just a big adrenalin junky or somethin
either way riored if you want, lemmie know when you wanna go down, i'll take ya, show u the roads.
pm me or cal 267-997-6880, im gonna go down tonight, my 2 friends are gonna race the vdubs.
later

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea infroredcoug ill prob take you up on this in a month or 2

.........cant wait

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aother thing is what time do they start(people get there)

·
Registered
410 Posts
start or gather up earliest 9:25 usualy 10
ends... ya know i never stayed long enough, sometimes you'll catrch them at like 3-4 theres plenty more areas for all time of the night races, there more or less around southwest but haven't followed the correct people to find them

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I saw the races end once, it was one of the weirdest things. I was standing there with my friend and the same 4 cars kept racing over and over. Slowly people started to walk away, it was about 3:30 so we left too.

Your moms car wont help you for not getting pulled over really as much as you would think. Ive seen Taurus wagons pulled over down there and all kinds of other plain cars. It basically depends what kind of mood the cops are in that night. Ive been pulled over once and the cop gave me a bunch of crap for about 20 minutes and ended up letting me go with no ticket, i wasnt racing i was just watching. My best advice before coming would be that it is a great time for a car lover, but at the same time accept the fact that people drive like idiots and you can get in an accident, or a cop can pull you over and give you a ticket.

Ill be down there tonight too Mike so ill look for ya. My friend installed my short throw and blow off valve today so im dyin to cruise around.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
YO... i love straight ghetto races, around here its called 22, or the carlisle pike. when were at walmart or circuit city the cops come and its a scene straight outta fast n furious. im gonna come down some weekend. ill even cruise shotgun. speaking of "shotgun" around here alot of the fights are ended by weapons, hope it isnt like that up there.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Well its kinda funny after posting earlier that i got pulled over tonight at the races. I was going to make a right turn and then a cop came by with his lights on so i backed up a little and decided to go left instead beings he was about to break up the races. He pulled a U-turn and came for me. So he asked how come i was making a right, but then went to make a left when i saw him, it couldnt be that i was going to race could it? I was like no man, me and my friend are lost and trying to find Charlies Dream (strip club in the area). Took my license and all and went back to his car for about 15 minutes. He came back up and gave me my stuff back, told me he didnt believe for a second i was going to the strip club but he'd let me go this time but he never forgets a face. So luckily i got off, but ill be back down there again soon. They try to scare you with telling you they will remember you and impound your car next time they see you there. I think its hilarious, i mean does that mean on the weekends im not allowed to drive in West Philly cause i could be going to the races? He was nice about it, and if he wanted he could have written me a ticket for backing up and changing where i was going so he was a pretty cool cop.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i've had this one cop say he would never forget my face close to about 5x, same car each time though, go figure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts