New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the board and wanted to drop in and say hello. Unfortunately, with hello, I bring a silly question. I've lost my owners manual in a move and now I have no idea how to reset the oil change light on my 2001 C2. If anyone wouldn't mind enlightening me, I would greatly appreciate it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, I found a site that details the procedure. For future reference, turn the Key to the on position and hold the "Select" and "Units" light down for 5 seconds to clear it.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Thats just a reminder light to have the car serviced for oil and other things. Not a light that tells you exactly when to change the oil. My Dad's CLK tells you when the oil needs to be changed. When he got the car after about 6000 w/out oil change he got worried and called the dealer. They said it was fine, and not to bring it in until the light came on. Light came on around 10k and they changed it. Gotta love german engineering. And his car is synthetic since day 1.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Glad ya solved the problem.......and welcome to NECO :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sunni :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts