New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah dude, throw a fit, that always gets people to help.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Uhm, if you can't figure it out from reading it, you may want to take it to a mechanic.

Prior to doing the 3L/SVT hybrid swap in my friend's car, I had never done a motor swap or ANY MAJOR WORK on a car in my life. Using only the documents on this website and the Ford Technical CD, we managed to do the entire swap.

If you READ what is here you will see that only a HYBRID SWAP fits with the "least" amount of work. You do not need to modify any tubes or anything to make it fit, all you have to do is pull the heads off the 3L, fill some holes in the block, put the 2.5L heads on, cut a bushing off the crank, cut an ear off the block to fit the alternator, drop it in and start it up.

It's really not that hard to do, and in fact the motor we built has outlasted a great majority of the 3L/Hybrid swaps out there. :shrug:

I would have spent the time to help walk you through this had you asked CLEAR CONCISE questions in your previous thread instead of OMG DOES THIS WORK DOES THAT WORK WHAT WORKS I DONT KNOW PLEASE HELP ME, and instead of throwing a hissy fit here. So now you can do it the same way I did it- read, use your brain, and do it.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey NorCal, just so this thread doesn't end up totally useless, when are you gonna spread your post-whoring goodness to Midwest?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Well since Mr. Cranky-Pants deleted his own post, I guess we'll call this one wrapped up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.