New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone upgrade a manual's pedals to something with more grip?
please share where & what...etc?

My 2002 needs something w/more grip.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yup... the first ones I had were crappy bracket types... they sucked balls.

after going to get some..... momo ones i think they were... i was a little weary about drilling into the pedals, and it was a little awkward working down there with a drill....but, its been 4 years, and i've never had to readjust them :)

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
I got a set from a CEG group buy a year or 2 ago, not exactly cheap but they are very nicely made and a great company to deal with.

I'll find out the site, one note, they do not have the pattern for the dead pedal. You'd need to trace it out for them.

actually if people are interested, we can definitely set up a group buy for them [I've talked to them a few times about this]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
AutoVation Technologies, Inc.

heres the guys I got them from. I was the only cougar guy to order from them... I just assumed our dead pedal was identical to the contours, its not. I informed them about this and said they would send me a corrected one if I sent them a template.... I never did, lol and they bugged me for several months to send it to them.

now these were the GB prices they quoted me on 8/31/06, so they may no longer be accurate....

I also cant remember if this includes the stomp pad [which is my favorate peice]

Grid Series: $129
Insert Series: $109
Competition Series Matte or Machined: $79

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are perfect matches?
I like the look of the Grid....but not the price..ha haaa :biggrin:

Can you find out if that is a 4 piece set for Manuals?

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
yes they are 4 peice sets. and yes the grid series looks nice but I have the competition series... almost everyone who ordered the set got that.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
those are so sexy. the insert ones almost look like the Roush ones

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I got a set of ST-200 pedals from a GB someplace a few years ago, myself. No idea now who it was, or when it was, or hell, anything about the transaction. And I agree with Matt here, getting at that angle with a drill to install the pedals sucked ass...

E1

·
Registered
231 Posts
Anyone upgrade a manual's pedals to something with more grip?
please share where & what...etc?

My 2002 needs something w/more grip.
Hi Lampoon.:wave: Are you just looking for more grip? Or are you looking to spend money on dress up pedals?

If you are just looking for more grip, why not just buy a set of the all rubber pedals from the 1999-2000 models. They are all rubber, not metal with the little rubber circles, like the 2001-2002's. You can get them from your local Ford Parts Department, and probably from Bill at TeamFordParts.com.

It will certainly be less expensive and have more grip than metal pedals. Of course, if you want "sexy" pedals, you now have your choices.

Whatever you decide, good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just get the factory 01-02 sliver pedals. You can get them from Bill at www.teamfordpats.com... Part #'s 18WZ9725FA (01-02 Gas Pedal assembly), 1S8Z2454AB (01-02 Brake pedal pad - MTX), 1S8Z7A624AB (01-02 Clutch pedal pad - MTX), 1S8Z2457BA (01-02 Brake pedal pad - ATX) and 1S8Z6313000CAB (01-02 Black Carpet w/Brused aluminum Dead pedal). Everything fits factory & no cutting or drilling.

Tim

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
If you're simply looking for more grip the single best upgrade I did was NEW FREAKIN SHOES... :p

E1

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Seriously, I had a pair of shoes that I loved, but when even slightly wet they had no grip at all, I managed to stall my car 3 times trying to leave the house, so I went back in and had to change shoes... lol.

E1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts