New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm working with a company that would replace the pcv and prevent all the oil vapor from entering the intake. He had a few questions that I'm not able to answer. Below is his questions. If you know the answer I would appreciate the help. Thanks

I assume the the two breather lines from the valve covers are Tee'd together with PCV valve on output of Tee.

Make sure that there is not also a crank case breather on the engine. This breather usually exits the engine & runs to the air intake box & is a larger diameter (~1/2"). With one breather on each valve cover, there may not be a second larger breather?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
The two "breather" lines that come off each valve cover are plumbed into the intake gooseneck. They don't touch the PCV valve.

There is a crankcase breather on the top of the block, shown here:

The crankcase breather pipe extends to an elbow fitting that the bottom of the PCV valve sits in. There are then two outputs from the PCV valve- One to the UIM (causes the fouling), and one that extends to the rest of the vacuum tree- I don't remember where exactly.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, that was quick. thanks man. but i'm confued now. There are only three tubes going to the intake pipe. One is IVAC. I thought the other was for the PVC and didn't know what the third was. So does the valve cover vents tee together to be one?? Are they purley vents and no oil vapor is in them?

I'm going to forward the link to this post to the guy I'm working with. I'll forward anymore questions he has unless he wants to make and acct and post himself.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
The intake gooseneck does have three lines- The IACV, one from each valve cover breather. There is no tee fitting.

The SVTs actually have four- The IAT sensor is plugged into the gooseneck since there's no square intake box on the SVTs.

There are baffles in each valve cover to prevent wholesale fouling of the throttle body- It's the PCV valve that is about 99% of the culprit. The breather at the top of the block is not exactly good at what it does- The 3L breathers are better (more internal baffling), but I still put an in-line oil/air separator.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, gotcha. I guess I missed when you said that the PVC plugs into the UIM. :stupid:

Thanks, If I get this product I'll post results

1 - 5 of 5 Posts