New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked around and couldn't find any pertinant information on the location of the PCV valve and the steps required to replace it. I've replaced PCV valves before, but I can't seem to find it on this engine. Anyone have a diagram of the engine or such that they could point out the location?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
My way of thinking has always been; to make something easy to get to, expose it as much as possible.

Disconnect thr airbox from the fender cup, then loosen the clamp where the accordian tube meets the TB. Pull out the two smaller tubes connected to the accordian tube, and remove the small clamp at the service end of the larger tube. Now remove the entire airbox and accordian tube assembly.

Now you will be able to have a clear shot at the PCV valve, it basically rests in the lower part of the hose, and has a 90 degree angle top, attched to the hupper hose.

Personally, I recommend getting a small hose clamp when you buy the new PCV valve. For some reason, I have yet to see a PCV valve (motorcraft included) fit snuggly into the lower tube. When I did mine, the stock PCV valve was snug in the lower hose, holding it in place. But the new motorcraft one sat in there with a ton of play, and I was afraid it would fall out. So I used a small hose clamp just to be sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any chance you could snap a picture of this? I'm pretty sure I know the area you're talking about, it has a little grey connector on it, right?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, one of those "pinch" connectors. It is kind of hidden in all the mess, but with the accordian tube removed, you will be able to find it and get to it with ease.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, I went out today and played around with it. Once I got that hose with grey connector on it off I could see the PCV valve. I didn't realize it was made out of black plastic, so it was kind of camouflaged. Also, I had seen another post about the replacement valves not fitting as snuggly as the original, which was also true for my case, so I put a hose clamp around the larger end of the valve just to be sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts