New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I am trying to figure out what this elbow in these pictures is and if I can get one from the parts store. I think it's part of the pcv but I am not sure. The picture with the metal tube goes into the bottom of the uim. The other picture is of where the elbow runs to, which is the middle of the motor.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Electrical wiring Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Electrical wiring Gas

Attachments

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
01-02, I assume?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
Yeah there are 3 lines that all converge in that one spot.

One comes from the bottom of the intake manifold at the throttle body. There’s a metal line coming from the manifold that connects to the junction with a press-fit rubber hose.

Next is the corrugated plastic flexible line from the EVAP system that connects to the junction via a plastic clip that you simply squeeze to release.

The third hose comes from the oil separator deep between the cylinder heads in the valley of the V6. The actual work of the PCV system is done in that box, and it isn’t serviceable.

If you buy a new PCV valve for the 2.5, all you can use on an 01-02 is the little junction “tree” that connects everything. There is no serviceable PCV valve.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah there are 3 lines that all converge in that one spot.

One comes from the bottom of the intake manifold at the throttle body. There’s a metal line coming from the manifold that connects to the junction with a press-fit rubber hose.

Next is the corrugated plastic flexible line from the EVAP system that connects to the junction via a plastic clip that you simply squeeze to release.

The third hose comes from the oil separator deep between the cylinder heads in the valley of the V6. The actual work of the PCV system is done in that box, and it isn’t serviceable.

If you buy a new PCV valve for the 2.5, all you can use on an 01-02 is the little junction “tree” that connects everything. There is no serviceable PCV valve.
That rubber elbow that's pictured in the circle, what is that elbow called so I can get another one? Or can you get another one without replacing that whole thing? Because I am assuming that is the cause of my bad vacuum leak.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
I am not sure what the actual part name would be for that. HOWEVER - the parts aren't necessarily micro-engineered; all you need is for all 3 of those lines to converge and seal. So if it were mine, I would just take some various portions of vacuum hose and/or heater hose and start cutting and splicing. If some need to be longer to bend correctly, so be it. Get creative to fix things until you are able to find an actual real replacement somewhere. Because yeah - that does look like a pretty major friggin vacuum leak!

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you are looking for the piece that connects all 3 lines, i may have it somewhere. Have dissambled 2 duratecs 2.5.

But im from the Netherlands so dont know how you think about that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are looking for the piece that connects all 3 lines, i may have it somewhere. Have dissambled 2 duratecs 2.5.

But im from the Netherlands so dont know how you think about that.
I'm looking for that rubber elbow in the picture that's circled. I found a different topic here that had a fix for it but I wanted to see if they made the actual elbow piece

1 - 11 of 11 Posts