New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you sell items with paypal, you as the seller are responsible to cover the fees yourself, and by the paypal agreement you clicked "ok" to, you will not charge a buyer more for using paypal than paying you in person with cash, sending a check, or whatever else. it is against the rules you signed to use the service of paypal, which was put in place to conform to US Federal laws.
If you are purchasing an item and being asked to pay additional for using paypal, you should not pay the extra and if pushed, should report that seller to paypal.

the statement below does not just apply to 'businesses' as some have argued in the past, but any individual using Paypal to collect money for another.
4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions

·
Registered
739 Posts
What's to stop someone from raising the original asking price? If someone wants $100 for his jesus toast then he can just ask for $105.90... it's like a shipping charge for your money. :shrug:

·
8,512 Posts
What's to stop someone from raising the original asking price? If someone wants $100 for his jesus toast then he can just ask for $105.90... it's like a shipping charge for your money. :shrug:
Absolutely nothing. This law was bought and paid for by the credit card companies, and now everything costs more because of that, even when you pay cash. Sweet deal, right?

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Absolutely nothing. This law was bought and paid for by the credit card companies, and now everything costs more because of that, even when you pay cash. Sweet deal, right?
That's not entirely true. You're conscious could help, but then again, who uses that now a days?

·
Administrator
15,456 Posts
To do it legally, state it as a discount if they are NOT using paypal.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
:rofl: "pay your own damn fees" :rofl:

Shouldn't this be stickied and stuck in the For Sale forums? I mean, its good here too for general info, but it would serve as a "helpful reminder" for those who don't cruise through here all the time.

·
Since 1984.
2,810 Posts
It's the same thing with Credit Cards. A store cannot charge you more if you use a credit/debit card. Even having a "minimum credit card purchase" is technically illegal.

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
It's the same thing with Credit Cards. A store cannot charge you more if you use a credit/debit card. Even having a "minimum credit card purchase" is technically illegal.
then all the gas stations around here would be in trouble, there prices around here for example are $2.15 cash, $2.25 credit

then why at the other gas stations that dont charge you to use credit, the gas is $2.15 no matter what?

·
Administrator
24,344 Posts
then all the gas stations around here would be in trouble, there prices around here for example are $2.15 cash, $2.25 credit
No... they are giving you a discount for paying with cash.

·
Registered
701 Posts
:facepalm: My school's student union does this with a minimum $5, and I've on NUMEROUS occasions have brought in the VISA contract to show them they can't do that!

Yeah...I know I get charged a buck every time I fill up on credit at Hess or Mobil.
That's because you should be filling up at WaWa... oh wait :tongue:

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts

·
I love lamp
2,612 Posts
I'm more then happy to mail :biggrin:
:wackit:

dont tease me like that.. id soooooo pay for a case of each sent down!!! pm me if u'd really HABU (hook a brotha up)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts