New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side window only goes down and not up (from the passenger side controls, but the driver can put the passenger side window up and down)

WHats going on?

I just bought it, so I dont know much here.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Passenger side switch is probably bad. The springs and contacts can get worn or bent. You could attempt to straiten it or replace it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Passenger side switch is probably bad. The springs and contacts can get worn or bent. You could attempt to straiten it or replace it.
I've never fixed anything on a car (so I probably wont be doing it myself)... should I go to Ford , or a local mechanic or something? How much do you think they would charge?

·
Registered
121 Posts
mine does that also go figure, heard so many people talking about theirs doing that i thought they were made like that. haha

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I've never fixed anything on a car (so I probably wont be doing it myself)... should I go to Ford , or a local mechanic or something? How much do you think they would charge?
I doubt a mechanic would even know how to fix it. You would basicly need to replace it then, It is VERY easy to remove. Just stick a putty knife or screw driver(i suggest the putty knife) under the edge of the switch, and pry it out. Once its up, theres a small button release on one side. Press that with a finger nail or screw driver and pull it off.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have that problem but it's more of a nuisance as it works for me if you flick the switch a few times :banghead:
I didnt even try that yet :disgust: lol

I might call Ford or something and ask what they would charge.
Moraki... even if I took that out, I would have to get a replacement right, which I dont know where/what exactly to get.

·
8,582 Posts
Prepare to be surprised. You would be replacing the switch you popped out, and you can get new ones for about $50, IIRC. A dealer will charge you an arm and a leg to do it, but it only takes about 30 seconds to replace one.

Call Bill Jenkins, tell him which switch you need (passenger window switch in passenger door - that's important), and do it yourself. It really is as easy as Moraki described.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should mention, I live in canada... does Bill deliver?
Or any sites I should look at for a fair price (and delivery price)?

I just went to rock auto's site, I could only find window motors there, no switches.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update*
its not completely broken, I found out that if I actually keep clicking it it will start working...
Does this call for a new switch still, or to fix it?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
It will likely only get worse. There is some delicate and intricate parts inside the switch.. they likely wont get better over time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts