New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
15,483 Posts
You need to list some parts with prices and your location, and please upload a picture that has your username written on a piece of paper visible in one of the pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
How are your climate control dials? Mine look funny at night ( Paint is messed up) I am in SE Michigan.

Thanks,

Will
Is your's an 01-02? Most of those are pretty nasty looking because they didn't clear coat the paint like on the 99-00, so fingernails would destroy the dials. I'm pretty sure you can just swap the older ones in, though more knowledgeable members might correct me.

Looks like Riffy is now planning to rebuild the car though.

PM me in a couple of weeks, if I decide to just part mine out instead of selling whole I'll just give you the controls from mine.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Yeah thats pretty common.
I had to replace mine too. Haven't cleaned it since. They are pretty easy to change out.
The older ones without the silver paint seem to be more durable.
I found a pretty cool website that will send me an email anytime a cougar shows up in a self-serve junkyard, I've found it very handy:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm good with an earlier color scheme as the rest of the car is really pretty nice ( Doesn't seem like 18 years old to me any way...)

I signed up for row52 thanks for the tip but I dont see much in SE Michigan. I know there was a yard in Pontiac near me and they are not listed etc... Love the idea of being notified that there is a car near you with parts though.....Maybe they will grow to include more local yards ( Fingers crossed)

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
You Pull and Save in Pontiac apparently has two cougars right now.

I'm in Auburn Hills BTW.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was just there a few weeks ago. They had contours there in rows 1-4 but they crushed all those cars. Will need to go back and look I guess. Thanks for the tip!

PS. We are in Rochester near OU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts