New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
G

·
lol, yep. That they are my friend, that they are.

I'm probably going to go ahead with my plans anyway, I paid for the car damnit! Those doodoo faces! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Originally posted by: Zman
Just keep buying stuff for it and they'll eventually give up. At least that's what mine did. :banana:
ditto...mine complained at first but I just keep buying stuff. Now they just ignore anything I do.:thumbsup:

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
My dad loves what I do to my car. However I bought it and I don't live at home and I am over 30 so not much he could say anyhow. :shrug:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
that sucks my parents used ot whine a little when i was younger and modding my old car but then eventally they gave up.. my mom had even bought me thigns for my car before like the intake for my cougar and stuff like that... oh and my car is in my dads name (i was 18 when i bought it and couldn't get a loan in my name) and they still pay my insurance since i am in college...

Now my parents are buying me my new project car for christmas (nothing exspensive so don't go thinking rich boy stuff.. it is a 70 opel gt that is gunna cost like 250 delievered to my house), because they agreed that i should stop putting so much money into a sport compact that even with mods drops in value faster than i pay the payments on it...

so basicly they will eventually give up.. but i found it worked pretty good to get you family interested a little don't know about other peoples but like my girlfriedn said all that car stuff was dumb then she got a little into and bought me my exhasut and convinced me to buy z3 fenders and stuff she liked...

·
Registered
487 Posts
my mom hated it and my dad liked it.....so just told my mom i could have worse hobbies....like sellin crack....she didnt think it was as funny as i did, but she leaves me alone now:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Deathmetal, I hear you about income level... I won't divulge mine but I live on my own... own two vehicles(not counting a $300 VW thats sitting)
But I can see exactly where your parents are coming from, they probably want you to save up... cause well they won't be around forever. They are just worried about your well being.....sorry if I probably sound like your parents... I'm only 2 years older than you....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Originally posted by: Thickie
my mom hated it and my dad liked it.....so just told my mom i could have worse hobbies....like sellin crack....she didnt think it was as funny as i did, but she leaves me alone now:biggrin:
thats the way I look at when my parents complain....its either

SPend money on drugs or sell drugs...and get into trouble with law....or mod my car be happy and not have to worry about going to jail. UMmmmmmmmmmm what do you prefer?

·
Registered
192 Posts
OMG i know exactly hwo that is...my mom thinks my car hobby is "impractical" and that i could be usin the money for somethin else. she's started to shut up about it though. i kept bitchin about how she doesn't respect what i love and what not...and she's started to shut up. basically i've reached the "if you buy it, you can add it" deal. and i'm lucky cause they are buying my car (new 04 tiburon) and paying insurance...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Originally posted by: DeathMetal
Moving out wouldn't be a wise idea with my pathetic excuse for a job.. I only make $8.40 and hour + tips. Man I am pathetic. And yep, that equals about 15k a year, woo hoo rollin in dough. :rolleyes: Sorry, I'm feeling depressed right now, actually I have been for years.

Edit: Oh and I'm 25, what a looser eh?

wow, at first I thought you were some HS kid and felt a little sorry for you. not anymore.

I work two jobs so I can buy my toys. In fact my pt job pays more than your ft job. Maybe they are mad cause you are 25 and still living at home draining all their money. Sorry but there won't be any sympathy from over here.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
aren't you the same person that was spouting about Respect in another thread?
too bad that got deleted cuz I'd throw that quote right on up here.

if parents buy a car for their kid, brand new or not, it's called "parent just bought their kid a new car". no need for the spoiled rich kid comment.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I just tell my parents that what I'm buying for my car is better for it. Heh. Like an intake for example..."it sucks in more air, more air is good for the engine.."...then the exhaust..."Well I'm sucking in more air, so I need a better way to get rid of the extra fumes..."...."Supercharger? Little bobby down the street has a riced out honDUH that needs to get spanked"....u get the idea...

Mike

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.