New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my lotor is almost done as far as custom painting goes. A nice purple and red(cars gonna be purple with red and prange faded streaks). I am about ready to start thew interior....

First question is is the dash hard to take apart? it looks like it might be a pain.

Second question is what type of paint did yous use? gloss? satin? low gloss?

I'm thinking of going with a satin red and a satin purple. anyome use the satin? hows it look?

thanks again

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
as for the dash.. yea. its the easiest thing to do. just make sure you have the right sizes for everything. After once or 2x of doing it.. takes about 10-15 minutes to take off the whole thing. all the way into your gauges.

as for paint type.. i personally perfer flat colors. some people like the high gloss. :shrug: doesn't really matter i guess. just personal preference

edit: just make sure you prep all the pieces you'll be painting.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds kewl. i prefer low gloss or satin. i'm gonna do a little of both on the back of one of my panles to see what i like better. as far as prepping? clean it or is there something else i hafta do too?

G

·
the paint colour is really up to you, just make sure you buy a respectable primer that works well with your paint, so if you choose duplicolor paint, buy a duplicolor primer and clear, dont mix and match or it will bubble and crack....

the dash is pretty simple to take apart, just follow the howto and take your time

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kewl people...thanks. i think i saw the how to on customs site? ya know i have such a hard time around here findidng dupicolor. it seams no stores have it really. autozone has it but they were really low on their stock so they didnt have my color. you know if dupicolor makes a satin finish?

i'm not gonna do it till after the 12th drags anyway. gonna be my first meet with mass/conn so i want my baby looking good instead of gutted...lol. but actually heyyyyyy i could shave a .005 off my ET with no interior...hmmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts