New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Ask Shyane (8Ball) he's done it to quite a few Hot Wheels....

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty helpful advice I received from JScullin:
I used a Dremel and drilled through the screw at the bottom. That lets you separate the body, window & chasis for easier painting.

Sand the body & repaint, paint the windows (or buy the Yu-Gi-Oh Coug w/tinted windows), swap the rims from your Hotwheel of choice.

Then just glue it back together and voila!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
toys r us, walmart, kmart, k bee's, target, uhhh,,, pretty much anyplace with hotwheels *might* have some left. they are kinda hard to come by, just keep your patience and you will prevail.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got one of those 1:43 scale ones recently. the only color I could get was the laser red.
I haven't attempted painting it yet.
It's gonna be a real PITA considering all the little plastic parts.
Need a steady hand to mask things off. lol
actually I think the hardest part will be sanding the existing clearcoat.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Pep Boys has them too, but they seem to become rare now.

Your best bet is to go into toy stores such as KBToys or Wal Mart Toy department. These stores are usually trashed, and hot wheels are in displays all over (yeah, the floor usually too.)

They rarely give a damn, and just throw more in there. Your chance of finding one at KB or somewhere like it (Toys R Rus) is 95% chance. :)

I recently only found the Yugioh one at Fao Schwarz in Orlando. It came in a 3 pack... Seems to be rare, like the larger ones.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
They're on ebay all the time too, so you might want to check that out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.