New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it. Man there was alot of goo in there. Anyways I did a pretty good job , silver Cougar with silver headlights. I had one problem, the rubber piece that goes in the corner of the light tore, so I have no rubber in that corner. I did cake it in with some sealant, should this be enough? Or should I go buy some rubber to put in there?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
the sealant should work....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a digital camera or scanner:(. I'll take a picture and take it to the store to get scanned, it may be a week or so.

·
Timmah
3,050 Posts
I painted my headlights. As long as you use a lot of silicone you'll be straight.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Just use ALOT of sealant...ever since I painted my headlights, water actually fills up in them when it rains, and I have to take them off and shake them to get it all out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys the headlights with held the test. I went through a down poor last night. No condensation:)
I don't have fog lights:(

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was wondering what kind of paint you used??? I have a laser red coug and was thinking of buying a couple bottles of the Ford laser red touch up paint so it would be almost a perfect match...think that touch up paint would do the trick?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
ya.. theres a site that will sell you cans of your exact color. little on the pricey side though.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I also have a laser red cougar (Sinister...our code is HL for the paint) I was just wondering how hard was this? (1-5) and how long did it take? Thank you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anybody painted the lights on a Melina blue Cougar and if so have you got any pics..... thanks Groove.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wanted to get this thread back to the top to see if i can get an answer to the above question!
" Has anyone got any pics of a Melina Blue cougar with the lights colour coded":poke:
Thanks...........Groove.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: Sinister
I was wondering what kind of paint you used??? I have a laser red coug and was thinking of buying a couple bottles of the Ford laser red touch up paint so it would be almost a perfect match...think that touch up paint would do the trick?
Get the touch-up paint, and get lacquer thinner. Buy a cheap airbrush (About 40-50 bucks), mix the paint and lacquer thinner together to thin out the mixture and airbrush it on. :) The touch-up paint from the Ford dealership for me was 3 dollars cheaper than paintscratch.com...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts