New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done this. i am thinking of just taking them to a shop and having it done. its either that or buying a pressure painter, and i dont know how much that is either.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
door PANELS? or the fabric inserts?

if its the fabric inserts, you COULD do that yourself - but you dont paint those.

the door panels - even removing the inserts, and taping off the lower carpet half... you could paint the door panel yourself - just treat it as a normal piece of plastic... clean, sand, primer, sand, paint, clearcoat.

you could do it all with a rattle can - an airbrush isn't nessessary.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
<------ still trying to paint that vent all the way on the passenger side (not the round one, the square one above that)

if you get it done by a shop it will look waaay better and last longer.

Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no no no ...my bad not the fabric. i mean all the plastic around the fabric around the top of the door.

N

·
0 Posts
billetcoug has this done, looks amazing. My car goes into the shop in a couple weeks to get my entire interior redone. If the shop knows what they are doing, i say go for it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I Don't mean to hijack...but as far as the square vent...it just pulls out, and has a plastic hose attached...It will probably come detached since there is not clamp on the hose.

I have a question of my own...I had my inserts redone w/ fabric...but didn't remove the old fabric, so it ended up not sticking (and getting dirty and bleeding through). What I was thinking of doing is getting some fiberglass resign and putting it over the insert then sanding and painting it white with a clear coate...anyone done this or have suggestions...especially for removing the oem foam.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Sunni tried to paint mine, but they wouldn't dry cause of the rubber...the body shop that did my car said that they would have to be sprayed with some sorta rubber sealer to get the paint to stick right :shrug:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Our Shop used a Product called "BullDog" to make the paint stick. We should have the interior back monday, and I'll take pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts