New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some red G2 caliper paint? my question is, is there a safe way to remove all four wheels to paint all the calipers at once? I have a 3,000 lb floor jack and jack stands, but I'm not sure where the jack points are and where to put the jack stands. This is a 2 part paint and they suggest painting all 4 calipers at the same time. Any suggestions would be great.
Royal

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
you jack the car up along the pinch rails of the driver/passenger side. I am with redcougar on this one, i just set it under concrete blocks, its a poor mans jack stand, but it works, and i like it better. When doing this, expect your car to be out of commission for a day or so. I would really recommend you get a wire brush or wheel, that you attach on to a drill to help clean off all the gunk.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Painting Calipers question

Help...im thinking to buy Caliper Paint from Spmotorsports and I have a silver cougar..wondering what color would look best?? Im thinking blue..mostly cuz its my fav. color, and because my interior has a blue LED cd player screen, and has blue LED neons inside, and im thinking to get a aqua blue undercar LED kit. So i think it would look good..but i was just wondering what others thought?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Crispy said:
G2 Caliper Paint rules... and get Silver its a really awesome color in the line.. alot more metallic to it than I expected.
Really? silver with a silver car? it wont be too boring looking would it? well u say theres more metallic to it than expected so thats a good thing Thanks with the help

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
XtremeCougar said:
Really? silver with a silver car? it wont be too boring looking would it? well u say theres more metallic to it than expected so thats a good thing Thanks with the help
I did silver on my Cougar and silver on my silver CSVT -- they look really clean and shiny all the time ... if you really want to jazz it up you can buy 2 kits and have them 2 tone.. do them all silver with the bottom ledge/arm area blue... too much blue and it might look like a pep boys special (no offense meant)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Crispy said:
I did silver on my Cougar and silver on my silver CSVT -- they look really clean and shiny all the time ... if you really want to jazz it up you can buy 2 kits and have them 2 tone.. do them all silver with the bottom ledge/arm area blue... too much blue and it might look like a pep boys special (no offense meant)
Thanks for the help, sounds really good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.