New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna paint my calipers...a nice blue color.....anyway is there anything special I need to do before or after??? Well I just thought I would check and see...figured I might as well ask to make sure i didn't forget anything....thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is a mod which has been done by many. try the search function, under the navigation bar, and look on teamneco.com for how-to's on this. i can tell you that you will need jack stands, hi temp paint, a wire bristle brush to remove debris before you paint, and also you need to decide if you are going to spray on or brush on, then mask appropriately. hope this helps.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Easy......cover the rotors with a plastic bag and use masking tape to tape off anything you dont want painted. Sand very well. Clean the calipers. Use Hi-Temp paint, spray many (5-9) light coats. Don't worry if your brakes squeek after this mod, it's only temporary.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
make sure u sand sand sand sand sand. and sand. then wash off. make sure they are 100% clean. painting is ovious as long as u mask everything, some people remove the whole rotors and then paint, up to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts