New Cougar Forum banner

Painting Antenna Base?

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  SJChucky 
#1 ·
I recently got a Billet Aluminum Antenna and I want to paint the base to match. Has anyone done this and share tips. How, what type of paint, etc. any help will be much appreciated. :biggrin:

#3 ·
don't hold me to this but i believe if you take out your headliner there are a few screws or soemthing holding that on the you coudl take it off prep it paint it and pput it back one that car and you are done

G
#4 ·
that what i gonna do in this holiday, just waiting for the paint that i just order from www.paintscratch.com...this is the only site that have my color paint in spray can "LaserRed" when i order it online, there is a icon that ask me it this paint for plastic and rubber. i hit yes and i hope that they could send me the one that i was ask for. about painting it, i went to the body shop and asking for suggestion, they told me that just using the scott tape and newspaper to cover the part around the antenna base and then sand it first and paint it.
if you done your job before me, please send me info

thanks

jimmii

Jimmii777@aol.com

#6 ·
ya, I'm wanting to do the same thing...

I just got my antenna too and wanted to pain the base and antenna red.. to go with my color scheme.

Anyone know what kind of primer I need to paint aluminum?

#7 ·
<< don't hold me to this but i believe if you take out your headliner there are a few screws or soemthing holding that on the you coudl take it off prep it paint it and pput it back one that car and you are done >>

I just popped the base out of mine a couple of weeks ago. Here's what you do:

1) Pop out the map light assembly. Use a small screwdriver to get it out. It comes out pretty easy There are a couple of plugs for the
lights that you need to pop off.
2) Remove the 2 torx screws holding the rest of the assembly to the roof and gently pull on it and it should come off.
3) Remove the dark foam insert.
4) Remove 1 screw holding in the base.

G
#10 ·
i just painted my antenna base and remodel the new billet antenna too. i will post some pix later...cause it raining and i can't taking picture. my new antenna is looking cool...you guys will love it.

jimmii

#13 ·
<< anyone interesting in my new design of billet antenna >>

I am! :)

G
#17 ·
San Jose? San Jose! You did not just say San Jose! That's my home town. Lived there for 26 years. Been living out here in Illinois for the last 8. How is the land of the Sharks and the home of the Rhinos? Been over two years since I've been back. If I do get back there anytime in the near future and it's during a time when your chapter has a meet, I would really like to drop in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.