New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the how tos on taking them out but i cant seem to get mine out. Do u have to take out the whole dash first or not?I put in the screwdrivers at 5 and 7 like on a clock but i couldnt seem to get the clips that hold in the vents. A little help please!:confused::cool:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
You only have to use the screwdriver at the 5 and 7 o'clock position for the single vent on the passenger side, and it'll pop right out. For the two in the middle you have take off the center dash piece (where the A/C controls are, you must remove the radio). And for the one on the far driver side you have to unscrew that plastic board under the steering wheel (2 bolts), then unscrew that plastic cover where the headlight switch is (two alan screws). THEN u have to take off that entire cowl piece and the vents are attached to that. Any more questions just PM me or ask away

Mike

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
You can also get to them from the back side. Take your glove box out by removing the bottom screws. I think there are about four of them. Then remove the black heater tube. It pops right out. Then reach in the vent and push the tabs in with your hands. It is really easy. I did it this way, but also had my glove box out for other reasons. The tabs are kinda hard to see looking in the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts