New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I haven't seen too many discussions on this, but I just tried it today, and I'm wondering why the FOG LIGHTS ARE SEALED BETTER THAN THE HEADLIGHTS!? I couldn't get them open: I heated them, pulled at them, used a screwdriver... I thought it would accent the painted headlights nicely to have matching colored fog lights. I've seen a few people on here that have done it, so maybe you can shed some light on how to get these things open (without breaking them)

Mike

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C'mon do I have to post some pics to get everybody's attention? look at the pretty fog lights....

Mike

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
RoushCougar's fog lights are actually not foglights.... thoses are the plastic pieces you get when you don't have fogs and he just had thoses painted.

Morph's cougar's fog lights are painted....

Try this on for size

Now you may ask "How did I do it"... :)

You need 6 razor blades - the kinds you put in a utility knife..... and a couple flat head screwdrivers
There are 2 parts that need to be pulled apart... the lens and the back piece.
First to remove the lens... using the razor blades carefully get underneat the plastic clips. I beleive there are only 3 on the lense... Start from the skinny end, using the screw drivers and pry it off... when you get closer to the round fat end you need to pull straight off and not on an angle or you'll break that clip... BE CAREFUL here, thoses clips are easy to break....
Next the backing piece.... here you will need all 6 razor blades, and some strength... again slide the blades under each clip... you may have to reposition them in order to get your hands on there to provide grip... don't push on the round lens now exposed in the fog either, or you may end up snapping that piece.... once the razor blades are in place and you have a spot to grip, using force, pry the pieces apart... a small gasket will be revealed, don't ruin it.....

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome. Yea i thought those things didn't look like fog lights, but it's a hot pic anyway :biggrin:
OK when I have some time on my hands again I'm gonna try this. When I last tried it I had the skinny end of the lens coming off a little bit, but it felt like I was gonna snap the black part if I pulled any harder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts