New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this should be simple right???
just sand lightly, clean, and use like a paint marker or a brush? what about a clear coat afterwards?

i apreciate it

·
Registered
614 Posts
You can use a clear coat if u want. I have seen it done without one (better with it lol).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeup I used fine tipped paint markers and painted them. Then they kinda looked painted un even, but then when you clear coat the entire center cap it evens them out. Its super simple, good luck.

·
Registered
225 Posts
U can spray paint them to get rid of the 'uneven' appearance that paint pens and brushes give. Take sum masking tape and small pieces of news paper. Cover the area outside of the cougar logo with this. Now, take sum more masking tape and cover the cougar logo up. Get an X-acto knife, or sumthing with a VERY sharp tip. Trim the masking tape that is covering the areas inside the cougar logo that you want painted. Press very lightly yet with just enuff pressure to cut the masking tape. Peel away this masking tape and begin with VERY light coats of whatever color spray paint. Once those coats have THOROUGHLY dried, put on a few THIN coats of clear. I can't stress this enuff, I know you wanna put those caps back on but let them cure for a day or two!! This is important because when you finally remove the tape, the paint won't peel away with it. Once the tape is off, pop em back on yer wheels and enjoy! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts