New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...does anyone know where a good place to pick up paint for things like tail light covers and painted headlights?
i'd like to match the color to my car as much as possible (spruce green).
thnx

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Best bet would to go to a paint store and have them pull up your paint code and mix some up for you.

·
Registered
954 Posts
What you can do is order some touch up paint from your ford/mercury dealership...whatever your paintcode is, it would be on the inside of door jam...should be 2 letters....take that touch up paint down to a paint shop and they'll make an exact copy in a spray paint bottle...real handy for painting headlights.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Yea I'd say definitely go to a bodyshop of some sort and have them mix the paint for you. Some people have gotten good results with paint from www.paintscratch.com. I tried this stuff a long long time ago, before I knew anything about painting...the paint kind of matched, but I didn't know what I was doing so there was no reflection or anything. Some members on here have used paintscratch paint and got perfect results.

Mike

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
Yea I'd say definitely go to a bodyshop of some sort and have them mix the paint for you. Some people have gotten good results with paint from www.paintscratch.com. I tried this stuff a long long time ago, before I knew anything about painting...the paint kind of matched, but I didn't know what I was doing so there was no reflection or anything. Some members on here have used paintscratch paint and got perfect results.

Mike
paint scratch is the shizzle.
I've used it on 3 cars so far. no complaints.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would NOT use profesional grade paint (body shop) yourself unless you have a fresh air breathing supply. This does not mean a charcoal mask. Proffesional grade paint has really nasty stuff in it (isosionates, sp?) that have a good chance of causing permenent medical problems. That is why some states require you to have a liscense to buy/sell the stuff. If you think rattle-can fumes are bad, they have nothing on the good stuff.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
paint scratch is the shizzle.
I've used it on 3 cars so far. no complaints.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for all the input!
I had seen some touchup kits with spray cans but I wasn't sure if $30.00 a can was worth it...I guess it is.
Would you say to get the clear coat as well?

·
Registered
954 Posts
why spend thirty bucks?

get clearcoat from walmart for 5 dollars
get touchup paint from for for 5 dollars
(if you want it in a spray can) - extra 5 dollars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts