New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I don't know about the spoiler or scoop but I got my taillight covers painted for $50.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yea i got my taillight covers painted for around 40... i also got my hood and front bumper painted for 325... but i was quoted 650, 500 for the same job at different shops... best bet is to shop around. i would estimate no more then 150 depending on prep work and if you are having the shop install them. those are all fairly small parts. but again that price is a guess.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Always remember you get what you pay for! Pick a nice well established shop to do the work, a low price is inviteing, but when the paint starts to chip and peel in 6 months you'll kick yourself in the but for being cheap.(Trust Me On This)

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
why don't you take your car to a body shop and get an accurate price?and for streetfamemlf's reply i really doubt a body shop will put them on for free, they usally charge $45-$70 an hour for body work

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
i got my Visteon spolier painted for $150

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ok kustomcougar, i work for a auto body shop where i do 95% of the painting and reassembling of cars, now if your paying a shop anywhere from 200-400 to paint stick on pieces besides the spolier which is a whole 4 bolts they will put them on for you. They might not guarantee it sticking but if they tell you NO then your working with a cheap shop trying to make money on any and everything and i would advise you not to go there because if something goes wrong with the paint work those are the types of shops that will try to screw you over and make you pay for their mistakes. I've seen it too many times when people come to me to fix there car because, they went through the insurence company and went to the shop that was suggested they do crappy work and try to get top dollar for it. Well going a lil off subject but like i said its nickle and dime work to put those pieces on and any respectable shop will do if for you. Also i do advise you that you do have them put it on because most likely they will be better at lining up body lines and putting the pieces on straight.

And 02coug the price of 325 is awsome for a hood and front bumper in this part of the country im from fairfield county in CT and an average price per panel is 250-400 if its ready to be sprayed and anywhere from 350-600 for anything that is needing putty+primer prior to paint. Hoods, roofs, and quarters are usually the more expensive panels too considering their size.

Ok i think that is enough info for you to get this done just shop around because where you are in the country will also affect the price.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts