New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Wow man, that looks good. If I hadn't gotten the Cougar this past time, I probably would have ended up with a 5-speed Avenger. My uncle has one, and they are some good looking cars. What do those have, a 3.xL V6 or something?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,008 Posts
Originally posted by: azbobbybooshay10
My uncle has one, and they are some good looking cars. What do those have, a 3.xL V6 or something?
I don't think DC gives you a manual tranny with the V6 - just with the I4. Much like with the General, if you want a V6, you deal with the Auto.

Normally I don't like the Avenger. To me, it has no lines and too many curves and soft edges - it's like the NERF car. But that kit helps out a LOT. In fact, that's one of the nicest treatments I've seen out of Craig in a LONG TIME. Can't wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
The avenger had a 2.5L V6 iirc, and in like 99 (I think the 1999 model year) it became a 2.7L in the RT model, and I think then it was available with a 5spd manual.

Their 2.5L was very very similar to the cougars...car's design was similar too...

Otherwise from what I remember the 2.5L was never available with a manual as a factory option...though at one time I had heard there were a few floating around...

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
that car is a fifty fifty in my book.

I love the view from the front and the sides, but i do not like the view of the rear bumper at all. Nice choice of rims aswell. I think it was neat how you went with the 2 color scheme with teh carbon fiber up top. The work on the car looks nice, and i like the color of the paint aswell. I think the tail lights dont do the car justice.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I think it looks pretty nice. Paint color choice with the cf theme seems to flow pretty good. Rear bumper I'm not too fond of...just my personal opinion. I think you need a drop to eliminate that wheel gap...should bring a finished and real agressive look to the car.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,008 Posts
Originally posted by: pgtatx
The avenger had a 2.5L V6 iirc, and in like 99 (I think the 1999 model year) it became a 2.7L in the RT model, and I think then it was available with a 5spd manual.

Their 2.5L was very very similar to the cougars...car's design was similar too...

Otherwise from what I remember the 2.5L was never available with a manual as a factory option...though at one time I had heard there were a few floating around...
I didn't know there ever was an Avenger R/T. Are you thinking of the Stratus?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I guess my sentence structure is quite poor...and one thought ran into another. The 2.5L V6 later became the 2.7L V6 and was the R/T from dodge under the name Stratus R/T...also available in the Chrysler Sebring... sorry :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.