New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
that is a little trap door next to each foglight pull it out and then there is a screw that you undo and the whole thing will come out.. the take it apart carefully like you did the headlights and the remove the projector from the back so you don't get pain on the lense and then dow aht you woudl to paint anything else and spray them up... i did mine a long time again was fairly easy if i remember right..

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
it's funny you should mention this now cuz I posted an entire how-to on how to paint the fog lights a long time ago....however I don't even have the pictures anymore so I can't even send them to you...:banghead:

Mike

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
well if you have a '99 cougar, there's just one screw that you have to unscrew and the fog lights pull right out. the screw is on the inner side of the foglights, like if you're looking at the car from the front, the screw for the driver side foglight is to the left of the foglight, behind the "trap door"on the grill that Jorgen mentioned. Just pop out that piece, then you'll see the screw.

Mike

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I already painted my fog lights but I couldnt figure out how to get the lens out. How did you do it?
you had to lift up all the clips and then pull as hard as you can.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.