New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paint/Dyed Seat!!

Pulled my seat and used Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric Maroon to paint it. I wish it was a little more red, but I think it will go good with my interior that I am painting toreador red. You can still see the diamond shapes at certain angles, but I think it loks pretty cool! Let me know what you guys think!
Back cup holder

In my car

Rears in Process

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
RE:paint/Dyed Seat!!

i like, i think leather would have looked better tho in that pattern, shame ya dont live closer cuz i could sell ya leather seats cheap as they just sit in my room collecting dust

·
Banned
1,831 Posts

where did you find that product....i cant find it anywhere ...they only carry the duplicolor paint line not the specialty products like that

that looks hot btw!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

They had it at Autozone and Advanced Auto in the paint section. It took about 1 1/2 can to get it to look the way that I wanted. So about 6 cans for the front and back. At $4 a can that is a pretty cheap mod!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

looks good man. was it spraypaint? did you have to tape off the black? or was it like a hand paint thing, so you just kinda went at it? and how long did it take? very nice color though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It comes in a spraycan just like paint. I taped everything off and started it last night. It did stiffen a little but figure that will work itself out once it starts getting use. It doesn't rub off at all. Have rubbed the hell out of it with my hands and with a sock and no residue!! Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

thats awesome.

edit- was going to do the same with mine in yellow, just checked duplicolor's site, there is no yellow. bastards.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
RE: Paint/Dyed Seat!! Installed pic added

yea but i dont think i could build up enough courage to take a can of spray paint to my seats

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RE:paint/Dyed Seat!! Installed pic added

Why not. It is simple. I was hesitant at first then I tried it out on a gray shirt and said F-it!! I love the way it came out so, it was worth the risk. And hell now that you know it works then what do you have to lose??

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
RE: Paint/Dyed Seat!! Installed pic added

in that first pic it looks like there is alittle over red spray on the black fabric

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Had me scared there. I went and looked and there is no overspray. I don't know why the pic came out that way. It's not like that on the original.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts

whats that black stuff on ur car on the second pic,,, on the body of the car under the quarter panel window,, by the way,, it looks nice

·
Registered
302 Posts

I swear if you guys dont stop comming out with good ideas Im going to be broke. I bought a can but I'm worried about how dark it is so I am going to try it out first and see if it will match the fabric I'm using to recover accents in the car. How does this stuff compare to just standard dies which are avalable in many more colors?

·
Registered
115 Posts

i noticed those are the 01-02 fabric (non leather) seats and was wondering if anyone has tried something like this with the 99-00 fabric (also non-leather) seats???

EDIT: oh by the way it came out really nice and i like it alot...great job:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

damn leather seats.....I can't use this stuff on then. I absolutely HATE my beige leather seats!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts