New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else know what I am talking about when I say that there are tons of chips all over my paint? I have a Lazer Red 99 and there are so many chips in the paint. They keep coming. I find more and more each day. I see a 1993 ford taurus with a better paint job than mine!:cry: I recall hearing a lady have chevy recall her car and paint it for free because they did faulty paint jobs on a bunch of their cars. Somebody please tell me that you have had this problem as well!!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Unfortunatly, it's road debris. I too have a 99 LR Cougar, and I work for Ford...but it's something we all have to deal with.

However, don't but the HL touch up paint...it looks NOTHING like LR.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i have a 4k new paint job and i have paint chips up the butt! ...i cant complain cuz its my fault if didnt drive 80-100mph on the freeways and and ride close to other cars i probly would not have that many. i realy dont car about the bumper cuz i could just have that re done..but i have a huge one right on the hood arggg

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yep, I got them too, they really show up on my 99 DT green. The recall from chevy was because the paint didn't stick to the primer very good and came off in big pieces. Look around for a white corsica, or lumina in your area, you are bound to see what I mean. The ones we have are not due to a shoddy paint job, just the rocks and such bouncing up off the road.:evil:

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
I guess you tend to tailgate behind people. Remember most of road debris hitting the paint comes from tires flinging small debris. If you want to avoid this, keep your distance, avoid heavy construction, and drive cautiously. This will prolong your paint job. Hey after 3 years of having my bumper repainted, I have to take it in to get it repainted. Usually body shops charge about 350 or so for a repaint.

If you are looking to get this done, ask some of your fellow NECO members in the area (i.e. Chapter) if they have a local place that they go to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts