New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clearcoat on my hood is peeling away, and everytime I get it washed, it gets worse. That and it seems to get even more visible. Its got like a white ring around where its peeling off. Also, on my roof, around where the black "gutterstrip" is, the paint looks like its turning white. Almost looks like mold on bread. Is that the paint oxidizing? Is there any way to stop it/fix it? Same with the clearcoat on the hood. I really don't have the resources to get the car painted (and I'd wait until I get kit/spoiler anyways, since I'm gonna most likely change colors), so I want to delay that as long as possible.

Anyone have any tips on how to make this paint last as long as possible? I got a full wash done today, with a full wax.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe ur roof's clearcoat is gone and that's why u get those things. the roof has no protection from the sun so it's just getting burnt... as to the hood, the best u can do to prolong its life is to stop washing it! well, wash ur car but go very slowly over the hood cuz the more water and pressure are just gonna make it peel more.

u said u got a wash today. i doubt the wax is gonna do anything to the roof. if you had someone else do it for you, i'd really be concerned on their pressure washer if done manually or their machine's brushes cuz that's really gonna peel the paint more.

·
Administrator
15,616 Posts
If the clearcoat is peeling, it's already too late.

I can't imagine it would be too terribly expensive to get the hood and roof re-cleared...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.