New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My buddy finally finished his other projects and was ready to take on another project. I could use a bit of a break from working non stop on the car so we decided that now will be a good time to get the body work done. So i dropped it off at his house yesterday. I stopped by today to drop some stuff off and to hang out. I also took a few pics while i was there.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,007 Posts
RE: Body work has commenced

Are you planning for quarter vents, or is that a joke?

That stuff friggin' terrifies me.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
RE: Body work has commenced

damn dude that's cool....your car is gonna be total show quality when you are done!
nice job!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE:Body work has commenced

Originally posted by: Bennett9000
Are you planning for quarter vents, or is that a joke?

That stuff friggin' terrifies me.

Nope, no joke. It's not fully decided whether or not i want to put them in. If i do get them, they'll more than likely be 100% custom. Just need to decide if i want them and if so, how do i want them to look. He's also trying to talk me into making a custom set of tail lights from scratch. I doubt that will happen based on the description he was making on how he would do it. I kinda like the molded boobs...

I'm definately happy to see this moving again. Since i got back from fest i've been having a hell of a time motivating myself to do anything. I've just been feeling drained. Though i'll still be working on other things, i won't be working so hard. I think maybe friday i have to go over there and pull the rear suspension back out so he can cut out some sheet metal that was rubbing the rear strut bags and move the wall back to give them some room.

At this point i'm thinking that the car won't be done by mini-fest. Body work might be done. But it's cutting it close. It'll more than likely still be gutted at the time, though.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

Lookin' Good. Cant wait to see 'er done!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Originally posted by: Bexcat
wow I thought you were done w/ the body?
I was. Then i [censored]ed up a fender and sideskirt a bit during last winter. So it had to go back to get those repaired. Since it was going to be there i thought why not do a few more things?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Okay, here are a few new pics as of today (taken about an hour ago, actually).

Just an update shot.

I forgot i suggested cutting that part of the sideskirt out for a vent. When i walked in he pointed that out. I personally think it's cool looking. I'm going to look around for some nice grille material for that spot.

Just an update shot of my ass. If you look just in front of the rear wheel you can see the vent hole he cut into the back side of the side skirt. I still love it. It's going to be a bit of a pain in the ass to get a grille in behind it. But i think i know how that can be done. I love that in this shot you can see some of the pearl in the paint on the bumper just below the hole for the tail light.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,007 Posts
RE: Body work has commenced. New pics (8/24/05)

LOVE that sideskirt vent. Totally original! Don't let these photos get out...

·
Registered
911 Posts
RE:Body work has commenced. New pics (8/24/05)

The skirts look really awesome Brian, as does the filled in license plate section. Summit carries some real nice grill material for like 40 bucks. It is a little more than some stuff, but it looks great and stays shiney no matter what kind of weather its been through. I have it on my front and I think Brian(RacerX) has the same stuff as well.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
RE:Body work has commenced. New pics (8/24/05)

I love the vent in the skirt, it looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing it all done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RE:Body work has commenced. New pics (9/22/05)

Went over to my buddies house today to hang out and get an update on the status of my car. It's coming along nicely. There's no way it'll be done by saturday. But that's no big deal. Anyways, without further ado, heres a couple pics.

If the pics don't load it's because i finished writing out the post before my host site finished uploading the pics. It's going slow for some reason.

Just a pic of the rear. Really nothing special to show off here.

Can anybody guess what two things are different in this trunk shot?
No?
Look closely at the walls to the fender wells. They've been cut out and were moved in about an inch to give some clearance for my air struts. The other thing that's been changed is the floor just in front of the hole in the middle. There used to be a dip right there, but i had him cut it out and flatten it so there isn't a gap between the mounting flange of the air tank and the floor of the car.

For some reason you can't see it in the pic on the computer, but when you look at the shot on my camera the details in the wheel well show. but this is supposed to be a pic of the wheel well after that wall was cut and moved.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,007 Posts

Originally posted by: Pyro81

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

:rofl:

·
Registered
2,682 Posts

could you please ask your body man what products he used to fill in the license plate hole like that and cover it up? It looks magnificent! Thanks and please get back to me. Im doing a ton of work on my car, and id like some guidance.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Doh! Forgot about that...

PM being written and sent...

·
Registered
3,925 Posts

We did the same thing with those skirts on my car when I was toying with what to do. I also cut them off completely and looked into using them as my quarter vents, but ended up going with the Mustang vents instead... Very cool looking man, and he did a great job on the fender wells. Can't wait to see it done!

E1

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.