New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I and a few others have the much shat on Pacesetter dual exhaust. The main reason for it is talked about is because people say it rusts. A few of us have experienced that. It's not the piping that has rusted in my case, it is the chrome tips. This is expected, just not after being on the car for 1 year.

Anyway, Pacesetter has a 3 year warrenty on its system and will send you a new one upon proof of purchase. I have no complaints with them since I love the look (pre-rust) and sound of the system. Those that have it say it has a very European sound which I would describe as "throaty". Not a grumble or buzz, but a nice mix of the two.

So how did I fix this problem? I cut my existing 2.5" tips off and replaced them with 2" (maybe slighly larger). The result? What I feel is an even better sound, this thing ROARS now. Plus, the tips are 45 degree cut and don't protrude as much, giving it a much more stock look to it-meaning a better sleeper. I will take pictures come nicer weather and try to get a sound clip. But for those of you with the Pacesetter try this out, for those of you wanting an inexpensive exhaust to start out with try it. Any problems and you can spend $60 and get new tips plus a new exhaust in the mail.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Which tips did you get? I've been contmeplating the same thing for my Pacesetter, but I haven't found any nice ones yet. Pics would be nice too.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I've been looking into a Pacesetter exhaust, I don't like their tips and am planning on getting different ones anyways. So anywho, my question is how do you guys feel about the performance of the exhaust. I want something that will give me a little gain in hp but I don't want anything real loud. I was thinking Borla or Pacesetter. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Ken Z.

G

·
I have the pacesetter setup and I love it. Ive heard borla and yodude but pacesetter really does have a unique sound. Asfor performance i dont know exact numbers but there is somewhat of a gain. I get a lot of compliments on the look and the sound. Everybody says it sounds really good, not like they thought. They assumed it would sound like a honda or mitsu. Bottom line: I love it ,everybody else likes it and it is a very good deal for the price... $205 plus shipping!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
how do u show proof to pacesetter that it rusted, do i take pictures, or what? My tips rusted and the part of the underside has rusted also. I tried to clean inside and the tips up some, then i sprayed some black high temp paint inside, cleared up the problem a bit, but there is still rust learking inside. I also drilled a little hole at the bottom of each tip so water can drain out. If you can send me some info on how to get a new exhaust, that would be cool. Oh yea, you don't have to ship back your old exhast do you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.