New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a p1400 and I had a 301 with it too I changed plugs and coil and now only 1400 but still has miss even changed injector. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,978 Posts
You should start by describing what the trouble code is. Nobody memorizes all of them.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,978 Posts
So I would start by addressing the DPFE issue, since you have a hard code on that.

The DPFE sensor is in different spots/arrangements between 99-00 and 01-02, but they work the same way. Low voltage input sounds like a possible resistance issue in the wiring connector, so I would start by unplugging, examining, and cleaning the electrical connection on the DPFE sensor.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I believe the input voltage should be 5V.
So if you have 5V getting to the sensor, and you clean the terminals but still have a problem, then you can replace the sensor.
If you don't have 5V getting there, than it's probably damaged wiring. I find this unlikely because IIRC that 5V power supply is distributed to pretty much every sensor on the engine from the same circuit so if it were a wiring short you would probably have bigger problems.

Honestly I would just plan on replacing the sensor.

Be aware that the tubing going to the DPFE can be pretty brittle and might fall apart in your hands when you start messing with it. Its easily replaced with tubing off the role from the parts stores, just bring the sensor with you to get the right size.
Just be gentle to not damage the steel tubing below the rubber tubing.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,978 Posts
And note - the 2 hoses on the DPFE are different sizes, to avoid mixing up the connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts