New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cel has been on for a while, i know the code is (lack of upstream heated oxygen sensor (HO2S 11 switch, sensor indicates lean (bank #1) does this mean i need a new heated O2 sensor? and i believe that sensor is the one by the oil filter? is there something else causing this to make make car run lean, my gas mileage on the screen rpms guage went from 25.1 mpg to currently 22.3 anyone wanna help me out?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,820 Posts
Exactly.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Heated just means it reads and sends a signal back to the pcm to adjust the air/fuel

Its running lean cause its dead. If it were cause of the intake gasket you would be getting both p1131 + p1151 (front and back heated o2)

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe i'll just take it in for this and save some bloody knuckles, my friends dads shop said he'll do it for $75 if i have the o2 sensor so i'll so that, thanks guys

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn it, i had my dual flowmaster put on about a month ago, to bad this code wasnt on then i could just had them put it on while the car was up in the air

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
Heated just means it reads and sends a signal back to the pcm to adjust the air/fuel
no heated means it has a heating element in it for fast reaction. HEGO. Older O2 sensors(1 and 2 wire sensors) took much longer to heat up from just exhaust gas thus making it longer before the car got into closed loop thus making it harder to calibrate the engine tuning and reduce emissions. Just a little fyi for the mis-informed.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
no heated means it has a heating element in it for fast reaction. HEGO. Older O2 sensors(1 and 2 wire sensors) took much longer to heat up from just exhaust gas thus making it longer before the car got into closed loop thus making it harder to calibrate the engine tuning and reduce emissions. Just a little fyi for the mis-informed.
NICE! :bowdown:

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i already have everything from svt uim, to stage 2 clutch, headers. i have a whole garage with svt parts everything for a 220 hp engine, i was paying himfoe the engine, and to oval port the heads, port and polish the uim and lim, new rob bearings and to take out my 2.5 L and 3L so its not a bad price at all

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i picked up the quaife and fidanza flywheel from a guy in town for $500 both brand new, i'm just waiting on someone to build the 3L for me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts