New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to make those lights to illuminate to be sure it's working cause I think they are not.....

Maybe it's the fuse, do you know wichone ??

Thanks......

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
When you first start the car they should all pretty much come on, then go off.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Check the fuse (look in the manual to see which one). That's step one. When you look in the manual to see which fuse it is, check out what other components, if there are any, run on the same fuse, and see if they are working. If the fuse is ok and all the other components are working, then you might need to pop out the trim piece that goes around the dome/map lights and see what's going on, like loose harnesses, cut wires, etc. I'm assuming since you haven't had the car long that you've never done that, so maybe they got disconnected for some reason. Check the fuse and give an update, we'll go from there.

I feel like Dr. Quinn.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the fuse are ok, now I just to figure out how to remove the panel wituout breaking it... :confused:

I really need this ford tech cd :)

PS. Anyone with a ford tech CD for a 99 coug make a copy for me..... In canada if possible.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The little square piece that goes around the map and dome lights just pops out with a jeweler's screwdriver. Once you get that off you can see what's going on and how to get the rest of the panel out. Only problem is the headliner, but you might be able to see what the problem is without taking the whole panel out.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
it shouldnt be nessisary to remove the headliner...pulling the maplights out is easy. the whole plastic thing is held in by 2 screws and 2 clips. once the screws are out just give it a tug.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You can buy the lights themselves at fordpartsonline.com, but in addition you need to do all the wiring and hook up all the sensor for them to work if your car didn't come with the courtesy package. Sounds like a pita.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my bulb is out...how do i fix it...i have it removed bnut there are no loose wires or anything

·
Registered
634 Posts
it was easy to do in mine, you have to cut the headliner a bit and the harness is easy to hook up its right about the fuse box under the drivers side of the dash. the one wire in the harness will need cut, its the one for the low brake pad light, i cant remember what color it was.......unless you put the sensors in the for the brake pads, the car is pre-wired for everything. lift your rear seats and you find the wires for the pad senors :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.