New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this chick calls me, starts freaking out because her overdrive light is flashing, thats all she said. 99 Ford EB Explorer. lol i dont have the slightest clue what it could be any ideas? I just told her dont drive it. thanks

-Zac

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
My girlfriends 99 Ranger did the same thing. The Overdrive light kicks on and off by itself, the ABS light may even come on, and the tranny will jump gears up and down by itself. It was the speed sensor. She got it replaced by Ford under warranty(had just bought the truck).

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
My girlfriends 99 Ranger did the same thing. The Overdrive light kicks on and off by itself, the ABS light may even come on, and the tranny will jump gears up and down by itself. It was the speed sensor. She got it replaced by Ford under warranty(had just bought the truck).
she just bought it, used less then 2 weeks ago, 90,000 miles on it, i doubt ford will chip in on this but its worth a shot

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Tell her to go in and talk to the service manager about it. If she recently bought it, they should replace it since it was bad when they sold it to her, and thats just bad policy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts