New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the over head console with the warning lights and map lights.. no sun roof switch.. I was wanting to know if anyone has removed this for painting and if so could you share your knowledge... I just dont want to go pulling on something and oooppss it broke... thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
u have to take out the middle light there are 2 thorax screws on ither side of the console and 2 pressure clips.

G

·
um do you mean torx screws ... cuz isnt thorax your chest or the middle section on an insect :) just wondering ive just never seen a thorax screw

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
map lights? what the hell are map lights? and why don't I have them???

:)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
are you talking about the weather warning lights?

cause the only lights I have up there are..... from left to right....

1. Service Car Soon light
2.3.4. Three Weather Warning lights
5. Door Open light

No map light :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the map lights are not clustered with the warning lights.. going from front to back or windshield to back window you have the warning lights then the interior light which is like 3 inches and the map lights (i think) are on the sides of the interior light... they are round and swivel..

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yup, atlas, we got screwed :tongue:
i dont have them either!

so for the overhead consol...thats removable too as long as you do what?
just unscrew the center light, then pull the console down?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
actually, yes I do have them (I was just having a brain fart). I thought you guys were talking about different "warning type" lights.

I have those extra two swivel lights on the sides of the main light... we all do.

Now, lets end this retarded thread :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts