New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately our Accord was totaled in a crash. My wife is okay, fortunately, but our trusty Accord is no more. :(

Friday we bought a new 2020 Mazda 3 Premium sedan. It's a pretty cool car, heads up display, all the safety features, and Bose sound. My wife wanted something a bit smaller than the Accord, and this fit the bill, and it's a lot more fun to drive.

·
Administrator
24,234 Posts
First time in history that the sedan looks better than the hatch. Have you seen those awful hatchbacks? YIKES. The sedans look terrific.

·
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did look at those. I definitely liked the sedan styling better, but we would have gone with the hatch if we'd liked it (we never test drove one). We do this thing in the summer where we'll commute to work together, then I'll pull out my bike and ride home, while Erica goes to her softball game - and she's the captain of the team so she has the equipment.

There's some question if the sedan is large enough to do both. I think it'll work but we're not sure.

If not, though, we can drive the truck those days.

·
Administrator
15,432 Posts
Very nice! I love the color.

Edit: I hadn’t seen the hatch yet so I just looked up a picture. Why.... it must have a horrendous blind spot.

·
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! I love the color.

Edit: I hadn’t seen the hatch yet so I just looked up a picture. Why.... it must have a horrendous blind spot.
Yeah, that was one thing that worried me about the hatch, but since we didn’t drive one, I don’t know for sure. Sight lines on this are good. It seems like an easy car to drive, if you know what I mean.

·
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After driving this a few weeks, I’ve come to realize how close we are to self-driving cars, and how far away we are. I’ve had a few times where the lane-departure warning misfired, basically misunderstanding the situation. For example, a wide load coming the other way on a two lane road might prompt me to head to the right edge of the lane...but the car will attempt to steer back into the lane. Yesterday it detected a guard rail and thought I was going to turn into it. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I was driving a rental Hyundai Tuscon for a couple months this winter and had many of the same thoughts. My Wife's Jeep is a 2016 so it has a lot of warnings but doesn't really intervene. Sometimes I just want it to leave me alone. I think the most common is when a vehicle ahead of me is in the process of turning and it doesn't think I'm slowing down fast enough.
I do appreciate the warnings for oncoming vehicles while I'm reversing though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts