New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be ordering the GMK cold air intake tonight. Can anyone tell me the eta on this item. Can't wait.
The only thing that bothers me is moving the battery to the trunk, not sure how to do it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've got a kit from taylor that I can sell you. It comes with everything to install it, plus parts that Taylor doesn't include. It has a very nice aluminum box. I put mine up by the passenger rear seat. Fits pretty well other than you have to be carefull where you drill holes bc of the gas tank. You can really put it in any corner. The kit is 175.00 I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Moving the battery to the trunk will make the install of the GMK CAI easier.

Battery relocation is required on the auto and recommended on the MTX. This will also benefit the weight distribution of your car by moving weight to the rear of the car to improve handling and the balance of the car. I recently relocated my battery. wasn't terribly hard. You just need to take your time and make sure all the connections and grounds are good.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
If it's time for a new battery, look into those mini dry cell batteries...they are tiny and should free up enough room for the intake.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Can you hook us up with a link to one of the Mini Dry Cell batteries? That sounds like a decent alternative to battery/fuse box relocation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you go over to the MachV.com's website they sell mini-batteries for the EVO 8's. The mini-batteries are required so the EVO's can upgrade their UICP. I have no idea how much they are though. I do know that they are very small and light weight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can use these mini dry cell batteries: http://www.odysseybatteries.com/auto.htm

PC680MJT is fine since our cars require 550 Cold Cranking Amps and it has 680 (eg: sufficient to start the car, even in colder climates). However, it has no where near as much reserve capacity, so you have to be careful how long you use that radio for and not to leave your headlights on.. =)

We would need some sort of kit to fit this battery too, since our compartment would be far too big. Maybe we can fasten our fuse boxes to these batteries and using the standard tie down.

Our batteries are 30-50lb, but this one is 15.4, so also a great weight saver.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Originally posted by: DontAsk
Maybe we can fasten our fuse boxes to these batteries and using the standard tie down.
Yes that would work wonderfully.

Both the fuse box and the mini battery could both fit on the battery tray while the GMK Piping ran down through the fuse box's origenal location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts