New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have the tools to do this at my house and I was wondering if anyone had a ballpark figure you think an exhaust shop would charge to do this if I supplied them with the papers on how to. I would love to get it done and Im not even sure if a shop would quote me on it.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I dont have the tools to do this at my house and I was wondering if anyone had a ballpark figure you think an exhaust shop would charge to do this if I supplied them with the papers on how to. I would love to get it done and Im not even sure if a shop would quote me on it.
Shouldn't be more than $75. $50 is around what I hear most people pay.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the papers to do it and all. I called the muffler shop and they said they can do it. I will be going down there tomorrow to see what they can do with a price range of 50-100 bucks. Shouldnt take them too long to do also. Do you think I will feel anything extra after adding this to my current gutted pre-cats and borla single exhaust? Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
i purchsed mine for $100, this included the cost of the y-pipe and then the work to optimize it.

headers, svt cams, trubendz exhaust where all great mods for my car but the optimized y-pipe was one of the best bang for the buck imho.

with just adding the optimized y-pipe after the already having SVT exhaust y-pipe back I noticed more torque below 4k rpm. It was very evident when I drove my car back to back with my mothers completly stock contour

even with headers and trubendz exhaust I am still using the stock optimized y-pipe

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just took it to best muffler shop and they made it sound like a lot of work and I think the guy was inexpierenced and didnt want to do it. He quoted $150 and I didnt take that now on to another one. If I cant find no one to do it under $100 then I might as well buy an msds one or a trubendz with high flow cat.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I just took it to best muffler shop and they made it sound like a lot of work and I think the guy was inexpierenced and didnt want to do it. He quoted $150 and I didnt take that now on to another one. If I cant find no one to do it under $100 then I might as well buy an msds one or a trubendz with high flow cat.
For that cost, no kidding. For a half way competent welder it should be a 1/2 to 1 hour MAX. Grind/cut, reweld. How is that diffcult for someone who knows how to use the tools? I have yet to throw my MSDS on my SVT...the previous owner brought his car in and they welded it to the cat. So i have to grind it down flush.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts