New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
i wanna see that burgandy cougar in person i think i would really like that car and i am sure that pics aren't doing it justice...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thats my boY Ryans car Cougaritus posted. He extened the scoop about 6 inches further then it was originally. And dont count on ever seeing it like it looks in those pics in person because he is changing it completely due to a rock truck sending rocks flying at his front and chipping the paint to unspeakable levels. But when fresh outta paint the car did look incredible, when ever we would get together and cruise we almost casued several traffic accidents from people lookin at the cars. BUt he is gettin it together and im sure will look even better than it did before.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
taking pics later today wit the hood down for ya... if not today then tomorrow...

Edited for Past Pictures... taking new ones tomorrow.

Here you go mang...shots from different angles. You've already seen on my cougardb.com page that you don't have the stock hood latch. I might be getting one made though however just so I don't have to bother with new hood pins.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Here is another pic of an unmodded hood.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
that green cougar's paint looks like its photoshopped just because its so dang bright, but yet, i know its not. but the orange side makers, i actually dont mind on that car, which is weird. they look so bad on all other cougars. and the hood fits so perfectly with his car. it looks like it runs in the same exact lines as the hood scoop. it looks very very nice with it.

and to keep with the topic, i love dragon tail hoods.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The hood is fair for the money, but I don't think I would buy it again.
We did extend the scoop because the original opening was directly over the UIM and looked as though rain would go directly onto the engine. We also thought about adding a modified hood latch but felt the hood did not have the strength in the area for it.
It's a nice hood but does lack the overall quality of a Kaminari or Aeorgear.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Charles - I think your car would much better suit the Aerogear Predator hood like George and James have. The Dragon Tail is just too much for your car, I think, and, the Dragon Tail is awful fugly, IMO! :cover:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.