New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you did not know already my cougar is for sale and it is time for me to decide on what i should get for my next car. After working my ass off for the last two weeks and the next three weeks before i go back to school i will have enough for a good down payment for my next car. I have narrowed it down to a 350Z or a WRX STI. There are so many plus's and minus's for each one. I have been leaning towards the STI a lill more because it is AWD and then i can bring it up to RI to school and the fact i can take some other people for a ride cause it deats more then two. But oh well....i am just looking for your opinions..thanks

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Buy something reliable to cart around in college, tuck some money away and buy yourself a nice graduation present.

Also....dont buy something you'll kill yourself in because now you'll be 2 fast and 2 furious. You may be happy having AWD up in RI, but thats only if you know how to use it and respect the elements.

So i stick with my first thought, buy something to hold you over, then buy something when ya graduate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
WRX kicks ass but i personally think it lacks lots of body style. its pretty boxy. i'd go with 350Z.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i like the 350Z.. but being in college myself i would def not get one.. i think the sti would be better and you cant live forever without your car on campus!

good luck deciding!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Never bring a nice car to school...you'll be sad one day.

My friend used to hve his tires slashed regularly, and his car was broken into twice. It took him a whole o realize he needed a pos at school.

He had a sweet RX7...people get jealous.

Get a Geo Metro, and hope it gets stolen.

350Z is nice, but too slow for me, and the rear is too hard to see out of, and if you use it to move into and out of school, you'll never use it since there is no trunk.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
people at my college have all kinds of nice cars..350Zs, Corvettes, EVOs, GSXs, ...just don't bury yourself in a hole. That's the number one mistake college grads make, let alone current students. I'm gonna wait a few years after I graduate to treat myself :)

Mike

G

·
Here's my $0.02.

If you want pure driving exitement, get the WRX, and you deal with the less nice interior. If you want a nice interior, a pure, rear wheel drive sports car, get the 350Z.

My choice, the STi, but I am biased, that is towards four doors, have two four doors now, makes life a lot easier, however, that being said, when its time to trade in the S4, I might again consider a coupe, in which I at least can easily fit a baby seat. Since I presume you don't have kids (yet, or not aware that you have any), that's not any of your consideration.

Lastly, from hauling, or help hauling my wife back and forth to school in the mid 90s, its nice to have room in your car to bring stuff around..

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Also.....i dont think you'll get your 16k for the cougar.

Part out the major things such as rims, hood, lighting, etc.....and make you're money that way cause otherwise you'll lose that money real quick.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i went to test drive an STI and all i can say is WOW...power like that is just amazing that is all i have to say about that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.