New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Now I'm debating on getting so new coaxial speakers. I was looking at JL Audio, Diamond Audio, Boston Acoustics, or even Eclipse.....Which in your guys' opinion would you go with and/or which is the best compnay?

I'm looking for a speaker that gives a little more bass(deep) with nice treble sounds that doesn't get distorted if I decided to turn up the music driving through town :)

Thanks for all opinions.

·
Administrator
15,607 Posts
"Best" is an opinion.

Go to an audio shop (a real audio shop...not circuit city) and listen to some different speakers. Personally I think the Eclipse sounds really good and clear, but Boston's are nice too. I've never heard JL components though.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Make a CD of the kind of music YOU listen to as well, so you can get a real feel for what you're listening to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard focals before and they rock...i'm just not about to spend $800 on a nice pair.....

I'm thinking i'm going to go with the BA choice and If I don't like 'em i'll break down again and buy the eclipse's.

thanks everyone.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I love the way Boston sounds, which to my ears sounds just like MB Quart. Usually, a "warm" sound is reserved for the home loudspeaker, those two brands bring it into the car. They make the mids sound smooth like butter, and work for a wide range of music. If you mostly listen to techno, you need a "colder" sounding speaker, like JL or Infinity. All the brands above in this thread make a good speaker.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Infinity is cheap and they arent that clear sounding. I dont know why eveyone thinks they are the so great. i installed a set in one of my buddys cars and i hate them my stock cougar cpeakers sound better IMO

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by: smbmxr3
Originally posted by: ChenZhen
Infinity!
say no to infinity. period.
I agree - they are insanely harsh, or "bright" as some would say. But, hey, if you like wincing when a someone accentuates the letter "S" in their songs, buy Infinity.

Disclaimer - wanderingmind actually owns a pair of Infinity Kappa 5 X 7's.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Eh......coaxial is a coaxial. I mean there are differences, just not much. I'd just rather use a component setup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.