New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure everyone knows that annoying beeping noise when you open your door, is there any way i can wire a switch so i can turn it on and off, when i want to listen to music with the doors open with out being interupted by thay annoying sound?

Adam

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yea i hear ya on that one gay thing pisses me off even more when iam working on the car or cleaning listning to music, ne who when i was installing neon tubes under the dash i saw a few speakers 2 i think ... one was on the bottom of the fuse box and one was more toward the center console .... i think might just been the one on the fuse box ne ways, iam thinking of looking at it and just snipping the wires :D more or less elminating it if u wanted u can snip the wires and add a switch if u want it on or off ne who yea not 100% sure on that get back to me if its a yes or no ne ways happy hunting :D

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
The contact that controls that noise is inside the drivers side latch. When im working on my car i just stick my needle nose into the latch part ...not on the door but on the body. I haven't tried but i assume you can just open that switch and cross connect the wires. Depending on if its an always open circuit or closed circuit, snipping the wires could cause the alarm to STAY on..... but i haven't opened it too look so im not sure what it is.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
i disabled mine, if you take the rear panel off you can see the wires for the switch there is a connector there that you can disconnect. only thing that it will affect is your dome lights wont come on when you open the door.(no biggie anyways)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
NO NO NO PEOPLE!!! I found the EASIEST way to stop the door chime! Here is what I did. It takes less than 30 seconds and no cutting of wires, no removing panels and its extremely easy to reverse!

1) Open the driver's side door. On the door jam, there's a brass thing with a rubber thing in the middle. Push on that rubber thing and the door chime turns off. Let go, and the door chime turns back on. Now that you've located that...

2) Get one of those plastic zip fasteners and push the rubber thing in. String the zip tie around the rubber thing and behind the brass thing and fasten.

3) Waaahhhlahh! No more door chime! The only draw-back is that the interior lights don't illuminate because the car thinks the doors are closed.

I will post a pic tonight cuz it's kinda hard to describe.

Check it out

·
Registered
10 Posts
My advice is to put pliers or something else in there when you have the door open. Maybe it is just me, but without it I am about 500% more likely to forget to turn my lights off. Mine broke and I wish I had it back. Whenever I'm in a hurry, I leave the lights on and don't get the chime. Had to have it jumped 3 times already!

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I've stuck plenty of things in the door jamb, ive stuck to using a piece of paper or cardboard.
Because as much as you think you'll remember, you'll forget that the pliers are in there...(I have.. a couple times.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.