New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was moving some things from my work home. And I pretty much got lazy and instead of setting down this metal frame I tossed it onto the couch in my garage and it bounced back up the back side of the couch and hit my car. It put a gouge about 1/4 the size of a dime and it put a gouge about 4 inches long. You can't really tell that it's dented in by looking at it but you can def. feel it. For now I will just put some touch up and seal it in with wax until I get my body kit put on and get it fixed then. Anyone know what the touch up paint code is? Like those ones that look like fat pens or nailpolish applicators at some select stores. I know my car's color code is EB (it's black.) But is that a Manafactures code or a real universal paint code? I own a 2002 MTX, zetec if that helps. I just want to make sure before I go into a store and talk to some moron and end up destroying an aisle because the idiot just lowered my IQ trying to explain some BS to me. Most people at these stores don't know what the hell they are talking about. I just need to paint code so I can protect that bare metal at the least.:banghead:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you. I guess as a newbie I didn't think of looking at the FAQ. This at least gets me on the right track. Today I was backing out of a car parking spot and (slowly) bumped into a red corvette. Thank god the owner was cool about it. I left his paint in a mess and I wiped my mistake off with a T-Shirt. Maybe staying up for 56 hours prevents you from being aware of what your doing :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts