New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Look at that little air filter. What size is that? Whats up with the plastic cover...cant be a heat reducer.

If you buy it, let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I especially like this part:

"Perform as sharp as it looks."
And for the record, I didn't make a typo in this quote, they did.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
if you need to get the 'right intake this time' why don't you just buy an AEM or Injen or something...you do get what you pay for. As for this one, there's 4 nipples on that pipe you'd need to get a plug for one of them. And that plastic thing around the filter is supposed to be a heat shield, but I doubt it works. I'm usually reluctant when it comes to intakes that require a MAF adapter...sorry.

Mike

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
if you need to get the 'right intake this time' why don't you just buy an AEM or Injen or something...you do get what you pay for. As for this one, there's 4 nipples on that pipe you'd need to get a plug for one of them. And that plastic thing around the filter is supposed to be a heat shield, but I doubt it works. I'm usually reluctant when it comes to intakes that require a MAF adapter...sorry.

Mike
Ummmmm......
Your AEM intake uses a MAF adapter..........
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by: CougarGT

Ummmmm......
Your AEM intake uses a MAF adapter..........
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, I was about to say.....:stupid:

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: Ariadne
The Filter looks like it has a gerbil ball over it LOL!
Word. It really does.

I'd just get the bomz intake off ebay. That's what i got and it works great, don't see a big deal in spending twice the amount on an aem which does nothing more special. It sounds awesome too, pic on my site.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
get a CAI..

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
The 4th Nip is for the IAT sensor.

That filter is absolute crap. Small and restrictive in more than one way.

I do however like it comes with all the needed hoses and clamps. Not bad for an ebay intake.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'd just get the bomz intake off ebay. That's what i got and it works great, don't see a big deal in spending twice the amount on an aem which does nothing more special. It sounds awesome too, pic on my site.
Same here. Works great, Less Filling. (less filling their pocketbook)

oh, and just use that intake for a while till you can get a true CAI.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
The 4th Nip is for the IAT sensor.

That filter is absolute crap. Small and restrictive in more than one way.

I do however like it comes with all the needed hoses and clamps. Not bad for an ebay intake.

Your sure that 4th nipple is for the iat sensor?

Should I get this over that " BOMZ" intake?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
i dont have experance with that intake. The Bomz is a copy of the Injen Intake...only you dont get the nice Injen couplers.

Yes, the 4th nipple IS for the IAT sensor. for sure.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea I guess so, it looks like you have to use one of those included hoses for the IAT...I'd rather have it in the pipe with the airflow to make sure the temp. reading is accurate, but it'll still work.

Mike

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Definitely wouldn't even bother with that intake. I just noticed how small that filter is, and that shield does absolutely crap. It's still in the engine bay so it does nothing for heat soak. The only thing about the bomz was it was a b**ch to get those couplers on, but other than that it's great. It'd still be cheaper however to just buy the bomz and if you still want nice couplers to buy them from someone else. I believe you can buy some nice ones from some one here. My intake also has no 4th nipple, only 3 and works great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts