New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
yeah, an email was going around the world like last year with the commercial. it was only played on TV once, and in japan i think. it got all its publicity through email and people viewing from downloading it, or from internet sites. its pretty sweet IMO

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Actually, after watching it again... It was done on a computer. Look at the tires that bump into each other. There is no way that those could go uphill like that. You can even see them almost stop and then magically start up again!

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
did you read the parts above the video about being done ine 606 differne't takes to get it perfect? i am sure there may have been some editing of those takes togehter....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yea, I saw that about 6 months ago, after some consultation with some film/graphic desing majors we decided a lot of it was CG or at least computer enhanced. It's pretty cool though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Everything in that video is absolutely possible to happen without computer enhancement. The tires are fitted with weights inside that are aligned with the center of mass... When they are bumped, the weights gain momentum and carry the tires up the incline.

I read some pretty indepth articles about it when it first started getting circulated around the internet. I think it's amazing, and would be so much fun to work on something like that (although frustrating at times I'm sure)...

:cool:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Actually, after watching it again... It was done on a computer. Look at the tires that bump into each other. There is no way that those could go uphill like that. You can even see them almost stop and then magically start up again!
what you do is put a weight in the top of the wheel, and balance it so it points strait up, so when it is pushed a little foward, the weight makes the tire roll foward, so it goes uphill. it wasnt done on a computer. and if your wondering about the windshild wipers, they come on automaticly when they fell wetness. so when the fluid was sprayed, they detected it, and they turned on.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
wow it took a long time for that video to make its way to ebaumsworld.

Mike

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The speaker wires could have been run through the tubes that the speakers are sitting on. For the window... I was assuming that there was a broken circuit on the board that the cylinder was rolling on. Since it was a metal cylinder, it completed the circuit and rolled down the window. Now that I understand how the tires could roll uphill, I can definitely see how this could have been set up in real life.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.